Weekend plans

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Can't deny its October any more :/
What's everyone got planned?

We had a fab lesson yesterday which highlighted how far Kira has come with her passage work, it used to be the only thing we could do in a lesson which meant i was left to my own devices for a while with all the other work :p yesterday we covered that off in the first 15 mins leaving lots of time and petrol for other stuff. Starting to feel quite exciting and lots of fun, passage, pirouettes and zigzag yesterday and came away with homework to teach her a smaller change so that she doesn't exuberantly leap out of balance in the zigzag changeovers ;)

Off to HOYS tonight to watch the Future Elite dressage, will be rooting for a good result for our neighbour as i love his mare.

Must take Kira for a trip on the box this weekend, i slept in it on Tuesday night to find out how that went and have a short snagging list that is fairly pressing and started dreaming about how we will revamp the living next year.... and Frank can restart school now his annoying wound has healed.

Have fun all, F pic to kick off

244562954_4767973746547431_2853235995232259284_n.jpg

AandK

Visit site
Nothing exciting for me sadly, Charlie had a small abscess and some bruising in his bad foot last weekend (emergency vet Sun AM as he was v, v lame) although he's looking much better now. Vet who saw him recommended getting all the crappy/dead stuff at his toe cut away and shoe to stabilise the foot, if we leave as is then it may be self perpetuating and cause more issues along the line... Farrier coming out Tues morning to take a look.

Hope everyone else has fun, whatever they are doing!

J_sarahd

Visit site
I’m getting a new tattoo which I’m so excited for so his Saturday will involve a quick lunge probably.

Sunday we are off cross country schooling for the last time on grass this year. I’m hoping he will be his usual self after last weekend’s stop at home, as I was hoping to go into winter fully confident with 80cm cross country jumps ready for next year. But I’ll play it by ear.

j1ffy

Visit site
We had a very productive lesson yesterday, working through some teenage tantrums and ending up with some really nice trot work. Trainer's back on Monday to see if we can achieve the same in canter (as an aside, she's been brilliant - it's a 3 hour round trip for her but she's insisted on coming to help work through our blip and won't let me pay her extra).

Will hack tomorrow and hope to box him somewhere on Saturday as we've not done much travelling yet. I'm doing a sponsored run at Blenheim on Sunday so not sure I'll fit in riding as well!

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
After a surprisingly problem free orthopaedic check up at the vets for Simon this week, he's back on the full work list... so both boys going to trainer's place for jumping lessons on Saturday. I may or may not be doing some writing at BD on the Sunday as part of my very slow progress towards listed judge status. At this progress rate I might get it done for about 2025...

Roxylola

Visit site
Had the morning off work for a dentist appointment so I made the most of the time and had a bob round kelsalls BE course - jumped most of the 80, some of the 90 on a rather feral looking furball version of supercob. Hes not officially on holiday, but I'm letting him have a sort of scaled back workload while he's still out for now. Once he's in he'll have to work pretty much every day so he can chill for a bit.
He fully knows and enjoys the game these days though - he had a great time blasting up the last couple of hills. We didn't jump everything as the ground is a bit cut up now, and we've no studs now so didn't want to risk slipping. He's trusting me a bit more again that when I say he can he actually can.
And we did not get stuck on any sheep feeders this time.
Unaffiliated showjumping on Sunday, 85 class at bold again. He could probably do their 95 as well, but I'll keep building his confidence for now and probably do that once I've got him properly fit again

GinaGeo

Visit site
Hacking I think - could do with blowing some cobwebs away. Might even make the effort to go somewhere different.

Pod has had a rumbling abscess, that has never actually arrived but he is sound again now. So I’ve got back on.

I did expect some dramatics, but he was very grown up about it. And we schooled for the first time again tonight. Very good boy. It wasn’t so long ago he’d have been showing off his king fu moves after a day off. Let alone three weeks.

And still quietly knocking on the changes door with Solo. He’s really really struggled to get his head round them. But he’s finally understanding that changing IS what I want. And I’m being uber careful not to grab hold in anticipation. We got one each way tonight without him having a breakdown about it. Which is definite progress.

Michen

Visit site
Not the “usual” photo but I am about to board flight 1 of 2 back to the UK from the Bahamas. Very sad to leave this place and slightly anxious for the flight as my ears are buggered.

Anyway pre that I had the privilege of diving with tiger and hammerhead sharks for the first part of the trip. Absolutely amazing creatures, so impressive and beautiful.

I intend to get to Heathrow tomorrow morning and then be packing up both boys in the evening to go to riding camp for the weekend! Possibly a bit ambitious re jet lag to not spend a night in my own bed first ? Bear is going along as Boggles plus one but just to hack. I am relieved to see the weather looks ok...

5FB23107-CAA5-485F-BD17-91C99C57807E.jpeg30A345F6-19AB-4A54-8303-C2D6F5AFE749.jpeg

Last edited:

oldie48

Visit site
Wow, great pics, Michen!
Miss F is off to the area festival tomorrow at adv med so I'll give her a quiet hack on Saturday. Sunday I am writing for my RC dressage comp and Monday I'm having a lesson on Mr D. I had a good session with him on Wednesday and he went really nicely. Owner rides him in a double and is quite keen for me to use it too and although I used to ride Mr B in a double I'm a bit rusty so we'll see!
Have a lovely weekend!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I had another riding lesson tonight, at the equine college I’m going to. Trying to brush up so I ride Lottie better - whenever I end up riding her again.

Was given a warmblood who has evented to novice so that was good! He was a bit behind the leg at first but was then fab. Pleased with the feedback again: instructor said lots of riders don’t like him and he doesn’t like lots of riders so it was nice to see us getting along. As my main aim in all riding is building a partnership/ the horse being ok with what we are doing, that was nice to hear. Not much planned rest of weekend though.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Henry has his first outing for the year, we are going to dressage club on Saturday. Today I’ll ride home at home and pack everything, baby and husband are coming too. I’m excited but I don’t know how much horse I’ll have ?

Sunday I’m not sure if I’ll ride or not, but of I do I’ll take coolie either jumping or hacking

KEK

Visit site
Malachy did Patrons Cup (SJ show) today and did the 60 and the 75cm. I thought he would be overfaced at the 75 as they looked enormous to me, his rider laughed and he was fine. 2 down, and going again tomorrow AM.
Nice how he just takes everything in his stride although I think he was fatter than most of the others there :(

Chippers1

Visit site
Nothing much for me again, horsebox still in the garage (a recurring theme this time of year....) did some jumping on Monday which was super fun, kept popping one of the uprights that was up either as a the long related distance combo it's in or cutting in and jumping it on it's own then discovered it was 80cm! When did I get that brave that I could happily jump it without realising the height?! We also jumped an oxer that was left up a couple of times and that was 85cm! What's happened to me :D maybe I can start up the BE80 hope again for next year....

I was then ill all week so not ridden again but will this afternoon and probably Sunday. Enjoy your weekends everyone :)

Bernster

Visit site
Wow, those photos are amazing michen. Aren’t hammerheads known for being aggressive?! I was tempted but I think they’d freak me out now. It was bad enough seeing a tiny reef shark once, it looked from a distance like a proper shark and it was pretty scary!

I might have to have a social day tmrw, even though I really want to hack out. However, I am having a horse day on Sunday so it’s yin and yang. Sj lesson with Bertie.

Struggling to crack the canter at the moment so not sure how much we’ll do but it’s the first of a few lessons booked with this trainer so I’ll use it to work out what where we are at and what we need to work on. I forget that lots of things have improved and get a bit fixated on what’s not right yet. ?‍♀️

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
A mix of thesis work and horses, and applying for rescue dog now our landlord has said yes we can have one in the house - woooo!

Had another jumping lesson at RS today (whaaa?!), riding with friend tomorrow (probably hack but kind of hoping we can go in the school as well/instead), and hacking with new share horse on Sunday. Happy days :D

scats

Visit site
I found this monstrosity hanging out on my head this evening…
48F48C11-0AD7-4F21-88B1-9F2910FED5BD.jpeg
To make matters worse, it had been there for a good 5 minutes as I initially thought it was a daddy long legs and thought I had ‘swiped’ it away. I went and put my kettle on, wandered into the barn and made my feeds… all with this stowaway on board!

Upthecreek

Visit site
I found this monstrosity hanging out on my head this evening…
View attachment 80722
To make matters worse, it had been there for a good 5 minutes as I initially thought it was a daddy long legs and thought I had ‘swiped’ it away. I went and put my kettle on, wandered into the barn and made my feeds… all with this stowaway on board!

Jeez! I hope you trod on the fecker after you took the photo ?

KEK

Visit site
Super pony at Patrons today, clear and into the jump off and clear again in the jump off. Where he was promptly beaten by hoardes of 8yos on their tiny ponies :D. Epic fail on my OHs behalf on the "get photos " deal.. and he used to be a photographer..:rolleyes:

scats

Visit site
Jeez! I hope you trod on the fecker after you took the photo ?

I didn’t have it in me to harm it, but I felt very itchy and uneasy for the rest of the evening! That photo doesn’t even do it justice, it was huge! When it landed after I’d flung it off me, it made a very audible ‘thud’.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
We had an amazing time at dressage club today.

It was Henry’s first outing this year other than a handful of lessons at the beginning of the year. Maybe 2? Anyway, he was very relaxed and responsive, only having one minor moment when a horse cantered past him warming up. He went straight back to focussing after.

We learnt some things, remembered something and had a really positive lesson. The coach said he could come and live with her anytime.

Plus the baby slept through last night, then slept the whole time we were there and all the way home too. Great day!!
325525F6-7027-4491-982C-7C9D0B1B245E.jpeg