Weekend plans?

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Morning! (Or afternoon where you are I guess ?). Have fun at your dressage rally

In an impulsive moment I took out a winter BD membership for the Artmeister because I just fancied doing an area festival really. So I'm heading out on Sunday for a first attempt at getting qualifying points. Two relatively simple tests, but will I remember them? Probably not. But a dressage test wouldn't look quite right with my name at the top and no error of course at the bottom ?

Hacking pic from last weekend to brighten up the thread:
Screenshot_2021-11-12-06-33-06-09_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Another enthralling weekend of nothing ? I mean, there are no more competitions for the year within a 2 to 3 hour radius, and clinics are scarce (have one soon though).

So horse gets trimmed tomorrow. Might school, might hack, it might rain, it might not ?‍♀️

We've been playing with some small jumps, might do that if the mood strikes.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I am off to SICAB in Seville this weekend! SICAB is the PRE world champions and I will be in Spanish horse heaven ?.

Went for a lesson earlier in the week and the Spanish potato was ACE ?.

View attachment 82576View attachment 82577View attachment 82578

Aw, what a good potato.

I totally forgot about SICAB this year...but seeing as I'm itching to buy a youngster (that I can't afford...mostly time wise ?) it's possible that it would've driven me to an impulse purchase or purchases ?

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Aw, what a good potato.

I totally forgot about SICAB this year...but seeing as I'm itching to buy a youngster (that I can't afford...mostly time wise ?) it's possible that it would've driven me to an impulse purchase or purchases ?
Not to be a bad influence and all but as an 'international breeder' I do get free entrance tickets if you do want fly down......;)

Bernster

Visit site
Mid week lesson already done and lots of progress again on Bertie. Recently I’ve started to feel like we might actually get there with the flatwork whereas at the beginning I wasn’t sure we’d ever crack it. Getting some nicer walk and trot work. I’m finally riding the canter and not reacting too much if I feel him losing balance and rushing or going too fast. Need to train my brain and body not to brace, which I’m finding hard, but at least I’m aware now and I can get him back quicker now.

Have booked a few jump hire sessions as I don’t really jump in our school and would like to get more practice over the winter. Tentatively thinking of doing a clear round at the venue I’m hiring for lessons.

Nothing this weekend though as visiting friends.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Bo and I went for a lovely long walk across the moors yesterday. It's a new route so I led rather than rode but he was an absolute champ so hoping to ride it next week.

Bo has the physio this afternoon. Around 3 weeks or so ago I started worrying something wasn't quite right as he suddenly started pulling the reins, walking with his nose practically on the ground and generally seeming upset. So I gave him a holiday and booked the physio.

However! I now strongly suspect that he was in fact hot, itchy and thirsty! Suspect he needs a good clip rather than physio but it won't have done him any harm to have a holiday and a nice massage. ?

Assuming we get the all clear today we will be mostly hacking for the foreseeable to get his fitness back.

Sheep

Visit site
OH has a jumping lesson tonight, looking forward to that as it’s down at a fab venue with an excellent indoor.
Tomorrow - not doing much - mums birthday so will probably just have a quick leg stretch in the arena or go for a hack.
Sunday - dressage for me. Going to a very quiet, local venue and having a crack at an elementary test. I rode through it a few times during the week and it feels like a big step, mainly because it’s a lot busier than novice butttt we can make a reasonable attempt at everything in the test. I know we won’t set the world on fire but I’d like to establish a bit of a baseline ?

Alibear

Visit site
I'm hopefully off back to SQH this afternoon for a lesson and to introduce Amber to the wonders of a rear cinch as the saddle fitter says it might just help stabilise the saddle a bit more. Plus, it's desirable for ranch classes, too, so it makes sense.
Then tomorrow is a ranch trail clinic, so ropes and logs introductions should be fun. Daisy could do this but was always a bit wary. Amber was very chill with it during the little bit she did with the trainer, but I've yet to try.
Chirovet was very pleased with her on Wednesday and thinks we should be fine until March for a routine post-winter check :) YO kindly persuaded a farrier to come out yesterday and refit a shoe that Amber had twisted. Her foot seems OK, but she's had a couple of days off now, so we'll see how she goes. I finished work a lunch, quick catch in and trot up to check she's sound, and hopefully, off we go.

AandK

Visit site
Just completed Charlie's first week of walking in hand. At about 15min now, and the foot is holding up well. Going to do another week and then hopefully get back on board next weekend! Will have been about 5.5 months since I last rode...
So tomorrow will be another walk out, a bit further than this morning and then Sunday off to family for lunch.

KEK

Visit site
Working tomorrow. But Sunday my friend (who owns Malachys 1/2 brother) and I are off to the stud they came from to play with this years crop of foals. Both OH and Malachys trainer have firmly told me not to come back with one..
Also jumped my own pony for the 1st time! Over multiple jumps, incl related distance and a double. Felt very very messy but its a start and he was a very good boy to put up with his useless Mother.

Last edited:

Sprat

Visit site
Had another play with the changes last night as I've not done much with them for a while. Bean was MUCH more up for them this time, she clearly knows what is being asked of her now. The first was enthusiastic, the second was beyond bonkers and I nearly ended up over her head. The exercise was leg yielding in canter to the wall and then asking for the change which she found great fun, but ever the teachers pet and thinking she knew best, she was bouncing up and down as soon as we turned down the centre line and I nearly got lawn darted a few times. It was very very messy, and I can tell I am going to have to be SUPER strict about my aids and position moving forward. I shifted my weight after one change, and proceeded to get another 3 that I hadn't asked for... Which bodes well for the tempi's but not what I need at this stage!

However, it was bloody brilliant craic and I was killing myself laughing at her. I'll pop them away for a while now so as not to blow her brains.

Not masses planned for the weekend, I'm away at a spa with the girls which I cannot wait for, and probably a nice hack on Sunday if the weather is kind.

racebuddy

Visit site
my older boy still recovering so hes just on rest and turnout for now wandering why hes not going to pony parties , taking my new boy to arena hire this weekend , hoping he will be a good boy , and i can actually see a stride hes so big and scopey taking a lot of getting used to so spending the winter playing around and getting used to each other xx

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
My clinic tonight was fabulous.

I feel like life has kicked me around some, and tonight I was exhausted. I knew that, once I was in the lesson, Tori would help focus and concentrate me and give me my harmony to enable Homer to work out his. Tori really is an inspirational teacher!

Homer was ace. He is an all round good egg. I have plenty to work on and am happy :)

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
I’ve got combined training on Sunday! And possibly a 90cm SJ round tacked on the end. Wanted to do the 90 CT but the only options were novice tests and that would definitely be a bridge too far at this point ?

So tomorrow he’ll get a hack, possibly a run through the test if I can be bothered (was going to do it tonight but haven’t learnt it yet…) and some more loading practice ?

Pippity

Visit site
Rehab is progressing. We're still at 30-45 minutes of ridden walk every day. Unfortunately, winter means this is mostly being done in the school, so I'm making lemonade out of lemons by doing it all in my Christ lammfelle bareback pad without stirrups. I'm really seeing a difference in Blue's responsiveness to seat aids, as well as my ability to actually sit upright.

Off to YHL tomorrow, so will be riding at either sparrow fart o'clock or when I stumble off the coach at the yard at the end of a long day. Hopefully will be able to hack on Sunday, but my road is closed for Remembrance Day, so will have to be either sparrow fart again (not happening) or afternoon.

Asha

Visit site
Ive actually got plans. I havent been anywhere/ lesson etc since August. Took a while to get over the humiliation that was the breed show at arena uk.
Im having 2 lessons today and one tomorrow. First lesson was with my favourite dressage instructor, then a trip to do some polework this afternoon. Idea being to tire Pip out this morning so shes not too fresh for her first trip out.

The dressage lesson was fab, as i only clipped her yesterday she was a bit fresh at first, but that was perfect timing as Sam really helped me with things to do when she gets like that. So with Sams encouragment ive booked 2 tests next week to hopefully get some points for AF. Im genuinely buzzing after that lesson.

humblepie

Visit site
Sleeping washing and tidying up. We were at Your Horse Live yesterday for the Search for a Star finals having travelling up on Thursday. Was really good as in the big main arena. Not much of an audience as early and most people getting their shopping done but still a special experience. Really pleased with how he went to be third. He can now have a holiday and get furry.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Kira isn't right, I think, MP posted recently that one of hers was "in a trough at the moment". I hope they're both OK.

Last edited:

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Ludo went to his first pole clinic yesterday. He started out saying that he couldn't possibly walk over a pole without a lead and ended up cantering happily over 2 and trotting sets of up to five. Good boy :)

KEK

Visit site
Very warm here, feels like summer has hit. Although we too had to get our winter rugs back out last week Northern.
Foals were ridiculously cute. It was lucky my fave is already sold. Love that we can go in with their stallions with their mares and they are lovely. received_258218846174715.jpegreceived_613109699880031.jpegreceived_487039699141177.jpegreceived_266140688798773.jpeg

Asha

Visit site
Ludo went to his first pole clinic yesterday. He started out saying that he couldn't possibly walk over a pole without a lead and ended up cantering happily over 2 and trotting sets of up to five. Good boy :)

You need to pop over to RL event team . They do polework clinics and have some classes especially for green / young horses .
My friend took her just back 4yo and both had a fabulous time . Richard is great with youngsters