Weekend Stable Duties

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
I recently moved to a new yard, now i'm not criticising anyone as I'm a firm believer in each to there own but I was very surprised this weekend. It's a small yard with about 8 horses and a couple living out. I arrived just before seven, fed, muckout, rode and left yard about ten. A couple of the owners had arrived by then but some still had not - amazingly the horses didn't make a fuss and seemed happy to wait to be fed (The only yard I'd been on before was first in fed all but not done here). So do any of you have weekend lie ins? I do Murph at sixish in the week and seven ish at weekends.

*kitz*

Visit site
nope, on a saturday/sunday im up there about 7ish, feed muck-out and then head off to shows. During the week i dont get to go up due to college, so they get fed/mucked out for me.

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I'm down at the stables for 7:30, they're usually all done and fed by 8:30 so I have an hour before lectures start. At weekends I'm usually down at the stables for between 8 and quarter past and it usually takes me an hour to do the ponies
laugh.gif

kat
xx

Soph83

Visit site
<span style="color:purple">I run a yard (similar size) and our horses go out about 6-7 during the week and 9-10 of a weekend. They all go out together though and are quite happy to stay in their stable until someone comes along to give them breaky. Our DIY includes weekend turnout as horses having breakfast and going out at all different times is going to cause stress.
I was shocked the other week to pop up to my friends yard one Sunday about midday to find all the horses still in their stables! </span>

Marquire

Visit site
I'm there at 7am week days and 7.30 on weekends. I don't thinks it's fair to leave them waiting longer at weekends just because I might fancy a lie in ( I do sometimes feed and turn out then go back to bed for a few hours).
blush.gif

They have to come first!

BBs

Visit site
My old yard was similar - I always got to the yard 7:30 latish - however, then someone started looking after the two horses opposite and they would be out every day by 6am this made Winston get upset, roll and end up getting cast
frown.gif

So I had to always get to the yard early!

Now I have my yard to myself, I get to the yard shortly after 7:15 every day, ride one and muck out and turn them both out before 8:50 every morning as i start work at 9am. At the weekend I get to the yard latest 8am but normally 7:30-7:45.

miller

Visit site
Souns like my old yard, I used to get down at 7:30 at weekends (30 mins later than normal) be fed, mucked out, ridden out for an hour, turned out and tidied up and still no one would be there!

The yard isn't on Cambs/Lincs border is it?

JessPickle

Visit site
We go up for 7:45 but one girl sometimes doesnt come to 10:30 I always feel sorry for her pony he ahs to watch ours being fed in next field. Think she does this because she gets so drunk every night (she is 13!!!!!)

Heidi1

Visit site
Horse are done by the YO in the week (I have to start work at 8am and they are a good 35 minutes from home, so would be going up at silly o clock), out by 8.15am in winter, weekends I am there by no later than 8am, if I want to lie in then I have to go do horses first and then go back to bed.......... I always end up feeding the whole block of 9 horse, some people at our yard don't arrive until 11, sorry can't do that, horses come first........

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
During the week I usually get to the yard about 6:30, feed, muck out and turn her out. Some of the new horses find this unsettling as they think they are getting fed too but soon get used to the fact that one of the grooms feeds in at 7:30. On the weekends we have a feeding rota shared between liveries. Feed in at 8am, I am usually at the yard by 9am to ride and turn out, get someone else to put her out if I am going to be later but some people leave poor horses in till 11am, they don't seem to mind too much if they have been left enought hay.

not_with_it

Visit site
Whoever is first on our yard feeds all the horses (there are only 3) They also get put in a spare stable with some hay so they dont mess their beds up whilst waiting to be turned out.
Me or the YO usually get down at about 8:30 but if either of us fancy a tiny lay in then we know that the horses have been fed and are happy.

riotgirl

Visit site
I do my girlies at about 7am in the week and about 8am at the weekends. Generally at the weekends I just feed and chucdk out if the stables. I then go back to bed for a bit and muck out etc later!

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
Thats what I do if not riding, I like to give him some hay or turnout then I'm quite happy to potter off to bed for a while! I'm actually useless at just lying in bed - I have an internal alarm clock that goes off at 6am!

Tempi

Visit site
during the week i get to the yard for 630am (when ive got two il be there for 6am). on the weekends im normally there around 830 as bloss will be hungry by then, to be honest thats a lie in for me anyways!! somepeople at my yard dont get down till 11 on weekends..........

Lill

Visit site
Am going to shock you all now and say that i don't always go to the yard on a Saturday (although i will when they come in) and don't get there any other day until the evening or late afternoon!
shocked.gif
But mine are still out 24/7 at the moment so no bother to them! When they come in at night they get turned out and fed in the morning by a friend and i do his horse in the evenings for him so it works quite well
smile.gif

Salcey

Visit site
Ours get done at 8am in the week and 9am at weekends, but since they're very near home they get their bedtime hay at 10pm so they're very happy in the mornings.
When they were at a livery yard they were done at 6.30am so as to fit in with everyone else.

Claireg9

Visit site
When riding im up the yard by 6am, at weekends no later than 8:30 but that is a lie in, if i can make it i leave hay and feed out and ask someone else to pop it in for me, but tbh there aren't many that could cuz most get down there for 11!!!
shocked.gif

On a weekday if i dont ride i get there for 7am and she is still cross with me and her bed is normally a mess!

we normally take upon ourselves to put all feeds left out in ponies stables if your first down, (Which is normally me) but the other morning i left mine out and no one did it just fed there own and the ones opposite.. so stuff em from now on, they can do there own and there horses will be starving by 11, but it makes me feel bad for the GG's!!!
frown.gif

Frazer

Visit site
I am on part livery, so all of my duties are done for me in the week! And on friday night and saturday night if I make a feed and leave it in the feed room, adelle the yard owner will feed them around 7ish the same as the weekday! They are then turned out anywere between 7-2 depending!