weekend work in exchange for part livery (why cant i find anyone??)

show_jumper

Visit site
hi!!!

i have had ads out at local tack shops etc offering free part livery (on a really lovely yard too) in exchange for working weekends - feeding mucking out etc..... and we're not even a big yard (max of 9 horses - ideally less).... but i haven't had any luck finding someone!!
do you think im asking too much (2 days work in return for part livery) or and i just not looking in the right places???
any advice would be great!

Thanks

TequilaMist

Visit site
Don't know?How much does your part livery cost?How much hours/pay would 2 days work be worth?
If you were say £50 for part livery and wanted me to work 2 x 9-4/5pm then I wouldn't do it.
May just be no-one willing to give up their weekends
My daughter is good at quoting this.
crazy.gif

Ranyhyn

Visit site
To be honest - even for part livery WHO is going to want to lose their weekend?

If its a child - thats the time they aren't in school - and adult thats when they arent in work - do you get me? Unless they are the kind of person who eats, sleeps and breathes horses, I do doubt it looks like a very good offer.

The right person may come along though - who knows? And just a question, how can you get part livery on a yard where you do the horses on Sat and Sun?
tongue.gif
I assume this would include your own?

kombikids

Visit site
i think it would work for some - loads of people on my yard work shifts against theirlivery and i dont think its that precious for everyone - in fact for mums like me its great as its the only time you dont have to pay for childcare as have OH at home! Just be clear if their horse is on part livery are you happy for them to do them whilst they are working? Also if its 2 full days it could work out £££ part livery!!!

hatters

Visit site
Hmm, say its a 7 hour day (so 14 hours) x minimum wage = around £80 - probably what I would expect to pay for Full livery. Doesn't seem like a great deal to me, unless the yard had amazing facilites and I only worked a couple of days in the week (in another job) so I had some free time in the week.

show_jumper

Visit site
hey - sorry for the late response (been doing the yard!)

the yard hours are roughly 8.30 - 12 and 3 - 5.30 ish - which can be kept flexible - as as long as the jobs as done - if you get them done quicker - you can leave earlier....so depends how you work......
part livery on our yard is £125 per week.....
and i'm based in berkshire for those of you that asked.....
also - if its someone who is keen and passionate - there would always be space on my truck to show etc.....

thanks!!!

hatters

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
hey - sorry for the late response (been doing the yard!)

the yard hours are roughly 8.30 - 12 and 3 - 5.30 ish - which can be kept flexible - as as long as the jobs as done - if you get them done quicker - you can leave earlier....so depends how you work......
part livery on our yard is £125 per week.....
and i'm based in berkshire for those of you that asked.....
also - if its someone who is keen and passionate - there would always be space on my truck to show etc.....

thanks!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that sounds better, If I only worked a couple of days in the week elsewhere then would be a good deal. Also would be great for someone who has kids and doesn't work. Just got to wait for the right person to come along!

MyBoyChe

Visit site
What a shame you're not near me, I would jump at that, Space in the middle of the day to ride your own horse and fantastic exercise for the rest of the day. I'm surprised you haven't been snowed under with applicants! I'm sure the right person will come along soon.

TequilaMist

Visit site
TBH then don't know cos thats not bad.
Does the add say this as it does sound better deal than first post did.
Maybe areas too well off so no-one needs it
tongue.gif

Is yard easy to get to or do you need transport?Just thinking non drivers may jump at chance of accessable yard

Brummyrat

Visit site
How have you worded the ad? I work in an office mon to friday but have my boy on DIY livery although I buy all my shavings/haylage etc from them so Id still be looking at 250 a month. To fund this I work there at weekends and like you say, I do roughly 8 till 12 and then 2 till 4 and someone else hays in the evening, its really flexible, I get to ride in the mornings still and I could go out as long as everything's done its cool. At the end of each month my livery bill is zero! Cant complain! Its tough but soooo worth it!