WEG 2010 TV Coverage

welsh horse rider

Visit site
the BBC will be showing Weg 2010 live online

Tuesday 28

Equestrian

1900-2300 Live coverage of the World Equestrian Games, Kentucky.

Wednesday 29

Equestrian

1930-2230 Live coverage of the World Equestrian Games, Kentucky.

Saturday 2

Equestrian

1400-2100 Live coverage of the World Equestrian Games - Cross Country.

Sunday 3

Equestrian

1800-2130 Live coverage of the World Equestrian Games - Cross Country.

Wednesday 6

Equestrian
2230-0230 Live coverage of the World Equestrian Games - Show Jumping.

Friday 8

Equestrian

0550-0905 Live coverage of the World Equestrian Games - Show Jumping.

Sunday 10

Equestrian

0100-0300 Live coverage of the World Equestrian Games - Show Jumping.

welsh horse rider

Visit site
Last edited:

Over2You

Visit site
So, quite a few late nights and early rises then. Think I'll set up camp in the living room. :)

Thanks for the info and Eurosport are also covering the WEG. Once I find out their schedule I will post it. Why do Freeview viewers always get such a rough deal anyway? Not exactly fair.

BBH

Visit site
There is an up to date coverage list in this weeks H & H and reading that it appears coverage may be minimal.

welsh horse rider

Visit site
There is an up to date coverage list in this weeks H & H and reading that it appears coverage may be minimal.

as per usual now if this was football it would be rammed down our throats but as it's to do with horse riding no one bothers but what about us who enjoy watching equestrian sports xx

BBH

Visit site
We are in the minority, zillions more people watch footie than anything equestrian. Also for pure SJ fans it looks worse as the details read as if its only eventing SJing being shown.

badattitude

Visit site
Also I think although eurosport is there it will mostly be for the benefit of the european versions of the station, I do not think British Eurosport will show much live but i may be wrong. In Europe, in many places, the showjumping is a very big sport, but the British are only sending a team for experience so that will hardly encourage the media here to cover that discipline.

suzysparkle

Visit site
There's coverage on Eurosport UK and Eurosport HD. I can only see a week ahead but so far on both those channels:

Tue 1900 - 2330 live team dressage final
Wed 2035 - 2200 live grand prix special
Thu 1900 - 2045 Reining individual final
Fri 1845 - (can't see when it ends as playing up just now) Live dressage eventing

With all that the XC and SJ must be on as well.

pip6

Visit site
No endurance coverage though!!!!!

This is the biggest grwoing FEI sport, with a superb newly crowned champion. She may be Spanish but I'd still have loved the chance to watch Nobby taking on & beating all comers at fantastic speeds (one loop over 30kph). What an absolutely fantastic performance. You get to see races of this quality once in a blue moon, & we missed it because there was no coverage, balls!!!

paulineh

Visit site
Unless endurance becomes more audience friendly they will never have it on TV

They would have to have cameras around the course, plus at the Vet Gate. With modern technology you would think that it could be done.

At this year WEG they has the large pulse meter which showed the crowd what was going on.

You could follow the competitors through the tracking system.

To be honest the vet gates are very interesting the speed in which they cool the horses down to get their pulse rate down is great.
The eventing people can learn a lot from the endurance folk.

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Where can you find a full red button tv schedule? I have looked on the bbc website but I can't see any that lists all the programmes shown.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be really grateful :)

Over2You

Visit site
This is so annoying!! The BBC showed both the team and individual dressage, but there appears to be no coverage at all of the Kur. The only WEG coverage we're getting on Friday is the eventing dressage. Also, why did they not show more of the individuals last night? They only broadcast the final fifteen. Coverage was supposed to start at 19:00, yet when I went to the sport multi-screen, it had changed to 19:30. There was a graphic saying the dressage was about to start, but then a sports news loop started and it was the same thing over and over again for about half-an-hour. Surely to goodness, they could have started at the original time!

It would have been a national disgrace if they had done this to the world cup or an F-1 race!!

aro

Visit site
For those who have sky, the cross country is being shown on eurosport at 4pm on Saturday. Will be able to record this as I don't think you can record off the red button on the bbc.

Over2You

Visit site
For those who have sky, the cross country is being shown on eurosport at 4pm on Saturday. Will be able to record this as I don't think you can record off the red button on the bbc.

You are correct - you cannot Sky+ ANY of the BBC's interactive services. :mad: Heck, you can't even set a reminder!! With all the television related technology we have at our disposal, these things are an impossibility!! It would be laughable if it weren't so darned irritating.

odd1

Visit site
i cant understand why they are not showing tomorrow nights Kur, it is the most interesting bit of dressage to watch

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
I was just moaning about this on another thread, so there's not a lot of us to watch it but we can put bowls and other such stuff on. It's a sport that's been in this country for many many years and we don't all want to pay to watch our greats on tv!:mad:

trakehnersrock!

Visit site
Oh blow it, I thought tomorrow's dressage was the Kür, not the Eventing dressage (nothing against the Eventing, obviously, I WANT BOTH!!!!). Why on earth aren't they showing the Kür -surely the most viewer friendly of all the drfessage for non-dressage folk?

Over2You

Visit site
i would say lets start some sort of campaign! Without sounding like a kid....but will it really get listened to?

There's a very small possibility that it might be listened to, but far too late as it is on tomorrow.

Additionally, there appears to be NO coverage on Monday night. Neither on Eurosport or the BBC. Eurosport's reining coverage tonight was pathetic!! Flaming table tennis ran 10-15 minutes late, then the coverage ended about TWENTY minutes early. NO medal presentation or highlights of the competitors we had missed.

This definitely warrants a complaint (or several!).