WEG SJ Team GB Announced

Rambo

Visit site
Well, no surprises, the WEG SJ Team has been announced...

John W
Michael W
William F
Robert S
Tim G

Nick Skelton effectively ruled himself out at the weekend.

So, still a strong team, but interesting that 2 of the top 3 horses in the world won't be there.

seza

Visit site
As there were only five left after Nick withdrew it was a foregone conclusion who was named. It will be interesting to see who makes the final four for the team. I think it is very sad that Arko and Nick won't be there. It does seem that sometimes the great horses in history miss the big ones (olympics and WEG) and never gain that elusive gold even though they may well be good enough. Quibell will be much missed by the Irish team. Very difficult situation for all concerned.

Puppy

Visit site
Like you say, no surprises.

[ QUOTE ]
but interesting that 2 of the top 3 horses in the world won't be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

More than interesting, I think its a great shame.

I do hope they get to the root of Arkos problems so he can be back competing soon, cause I love to watch that horse when hes on form.

Good to see Tim on the team though - pleased for him!
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
I didnt here what happend to Nick at RIHS - can someone fill me in or point me in the direction of the thread which may have discuss this.

Really pleased for William - at last hes not in the shaddow of his wife for once.

Rizz1a

Visit site
Personally I'm glad it's the team that are selected. Did you see how dismissive Nick was of Arko when he was interviewed. Certainly looked like he didn't care about the horse at all. Never mind it's carried him to success over the years and earnt him a living.

FRESHMAN

www.northcotestud.com
I really did feel exactly the same as you when I watched Nick's interview. BUT after a bit of thought it really was not a good time to actually interview him was it?. All the riders need a bit of time after such a disastrous round to cool off, they are absolutely gutted. So I would suggest we dont judge Nick too harshly. I know & understand that such pro's are supposed to be just that, but it will still hurt like hell. If we take that edge off them then they could not possibly go out there & do the job that they do, normally so well. It is very difficult to be a true public pro & also very very competitive. I look forward to Nick & Arko getting right back to the very top.

seabiscuit

Visit site
I am no expert on SJ but I do feel that Arko has been jumped one hell of a lot this year....its not just the competing but he has been flown all over the world here and back, month after month, year after year. Surely it has all been too much for the horse and enough to make any horse sour. Correct me if I am wrong but surely Arko's program has been a little more ardous than a normal top SJ's competing program?