Weggs Stud

Clodagh

Visit site
I am on my childrens second Weggs Welsh B. They have both been fantastic ponies, temperament and ability second to none.
I saw in H&H some time back that there was a coloured (I think) Weggs pony being shown. Does anyone know what they breed now? It used to be two older ladies in Essex, they can't still be doing it!
laugh.gif

toffeesmarty

Visit site
Hi I'm Megan and I'm TS daughter,

The pony you are talking about is Weggs Little Shellay, she is a 12 hh CHAPs registered mare out of HoneyPot Sporran. She has been the First Ridden Champion at CHAPs two years in a row (2008, 2009) and was the workers champ aswell! She was also Champion coloured at the Hickstead meet. Her rider Katinka Brogaard is one of my best friends so I know alot about Lucy (Weggs Little Shellay)

Clodagh

Visit site
Hi Megan.
I just looked at their site and see they do all coloured stallions now. They can't be that old then!! I assume Weggs Little Shellay is not owned by the stud? They must still breed wonderful ponies then. Lucky Katinka!
I see they are still in Essex, too.

JCWHITE

Visit site
I used to hugely admire Weggs Tiger Mountain when I was showing coloured horses at South View, some years back.
He was in hand so might have been around 3 at the time?
I seem to remember Honeypot Sporran too.