Weighing your horse

Abbeygale

Visit site
Im just weighing up how much my two girlies are - with the view of getting a new and smaller lorry.

I seem to remember that there can be quite some difference between weigh taping them, and actual weight on a weigh bridge. I don't have access to a weigh bridge, but would like a fairly accurate guide to their weight.

Any hints and tips?

Many thanks :)

Garnet

Visit site
Ask your vet? A local veterinary practice round here has got a portable weighbridge and they brought it to our yard to weigh all our horses for £10 each. If you get a group of people together, then it is worth it.

MissChaos

Visit site
You could either...

Take the box loaded to a vehicle weighbridge then take it back again unladen - difference being the weight of the two together -

or if you've got several horses whose owners would be interested, contact the Pure Feed Company (14 horses or more = free) or TopSpec (12 horses or more = free) and they'll bring out a mobile weighbridge and chat feeding.

Abbeygale

Visit site
Thank you - hadn't thought of mobile weighbridges! And I didn't know anyone did such a thing. I will have a look into this and see if anyone comes to the depths of Cornwall lol :)