• REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as HHO, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

weighted tendon boots

pixiebee

I have seen some lovely stephens weighted tendon boots that I am keen to try on my horse, for 2 reasons. One is jumping, to encourage him to be more aware of where his legs are and be a bit tidier with them and two is he can get a bit lazy when not concentrating and trips over his own feet!! I wonder if the weighted tendon boots would encourage him to pick his feet up and be aware of them??? Any advice please?

I really wouldn't. If you want him to be more careful, there are far safer ways of teaching him - with pole work /grids etc. Is he young and large? It's a common problem for such horses, but give him time - that way you'll end up with a sound horse!

Nannon

I wondered this too - my older horse (15) drags his back feet - vet etc said no medical reason for it just seems to be laziness and I wondered if weighted boots would make him think about them more, never did it though :) x

sally2008

I'd say save your money and invest in some lessons with a good trainer, having first checked that your horses foot balance is correct to rule that out as a cause of the tripping.