Weird cross between horse and praying mantis

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
or so he was described last time I posted pictures!

It doesn't really get much better but here is a link to his most recent SJ pics at Area 7&8 Horse Trials yesterday. "Unique jumping style" and "takes some sitting" were the phrases being bandied about:eek: but he went clear and was, according to his rider, feeling more rideable than he has done, it was a short distance in the double and give the horse his due when asked he shortened and waited and left it up, unlike lots of others.

He always looks far happier XC (link) despite being relatively unfit he enjoyed himself and recovered very quickly even in the hot weather

As for the dressage, I suddenly had a brainstorm and panicked that the grackle he's normally ridden in wasn't legal at RC so swapped for the cavesson and he decided that he could take advantage. He wasn't in the mood for dressage anyway but settled down and Barry got a reasonable test out of him for 34 with trouble on the downward transitions - not unexpectedly.

At the end of the day he came home with two rosettes - a second individual and a first for his team. Two DC in two weeks is always nice:) As well as qualifying my chap in the Intermediate Barry also qualified his own horse in the Open.

Strange to think that it was so cold and horrible last weekend for our marathon stint there yet yesterday I ended up with dreadful sunburn, despite the Factor 50!

One final nice point about the day, £15 was dropped near the SJ and some amazing honest person picked it up and handed it in to the secretaries. That put a feelgood factor on the whole day for us so thank you so much to that person.

Puppy

Visit site
What super results :) Your horses are on good form this week! ;)

Having seen his trot I'm not overly surprised that when he decides to jump he launches into orbit! Will I get to see him in action on Thursday?

Lolo

Visit site
Well done on the frillies :) He's just so cool!

Did he do the BE100 at Ely the first weekend that it was run (18th May, I think)? I'm sure I saw a horse his style who went in just before Al did, and looked him afterwards because he was so unique!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
He did indeed do the BE100 and will be out again next weekend:) I certainly saw Al after XC (met her up by the stables, she had a huge grin on her face and I commented that it looked as though she'd had a blast). The pictures of his SJ round last week were even more, um, "unusual". Here
He's a bit much for an old lady like me to try to jump but Barry manages very well:D