Weird extra tooth

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Has anybody ever seen anything like this. 5 year old gelding got his corner teeth a few months ago and has got his tushes growing in the correct place. He did lose his baby corner teeth as normal but now he has this weird extra tooth which has recently grown. I think he must be a vampire :D It isn't bothering him but it's still growing so I hope it doesn't get any longer! Sorry pic isn't better he wouldn't be still.
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/album.php?albumid=4827&attachmentid=30182

bother - can't remember how to show pics :(

Last edited:

Gloi

Visit site
attachment.php

Remembered how to do it. His corner tooth is normal and this funny little tooth has grown in front of it.

Gloi

Visit site
Been googling it, looking at pictures of animals with 'Supernumerary teeth'. It's not affecting him at the moment so just have to keep an eye on it and if it causes problems it will have to go. Mainly showing it here because it is such a weird thing that I'd never seen before.

LadySam

Visit site
I'd still have the dentist look at it. They will have a better idea of whether it's likely to cause problems in the future. Better to deal with it before it causes real trouble and pain. Prevention better than cure, etc.

Kezzabell2

Visit site
wow that is weird!!

I remember being freaked out by the tushes as they started coming through last year, as I'd only ever had a mare, so it was a bit freaky seeing these extra teeth! but this one doesn't even look like a horses tooth, are you sure he's not crossed with a dog, haha!!

Kezzabell2

Visit site
...well come to think of it he does like chasing things
haha I often thought Sam was crossed with a dog when he was a baby.

I have a pic of him with a stick in his mount and a football at his feet!!
another pic of him sat up right like a dog. he was in the process of getting up from laying down
and just sat there for a minute, just long enough for me to take a pic!!