Well done "A Jones of Wrexham, Flintshire"

Faithkat

Visit site
For the letter in next week's Radio Times praising "Only Fools on Horses".

What a masterstroke to pick on showjumping for a celebrity show. Am I from the horsey fraternity? No. Am I fan of celebrity reality shows? No. But "Only Fools on Horses" (BBC1) transported me back years to the days when the key competitions were primetime viewing. They were exciting and fun to watch, even for viewers who knew next to nothing about horses. Maybe celebrities must be involved these days for a minority sport to attract healthy viewing figures. Well, it's a pity - but if that's what it takes, let's have more fools on horses

Let's hope the BBC (and others) take note!!!

Fairynuff

Visit site
Good letter and hope someone takes heed. I can remember being allowed to stay up to watch (in black and white) the SHOWJUMPING!!!!! It was wonderful-marion Mould with Stroller , Harvey Smith with Matty Brown and best of all Ted Edgar with UNCLE MAX!!! What a loony of a horse. Then there was Rex the Robber, Diester, Boomerang etc etc. Was it better then or is my rose tinted specs ? Mairi.

nelliefinellie

Visit site
No it was definitely better!
I remember rex the robber, though now scratching head trying to remeber name of rider. Grrrrr.
My fave was eddie macken and boomerang though....