Well he has sold (subject to vetting)......

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Well Otto has sold (subject to vetting). I'm a bit nervous about the vetting but can't see any reason why he wouldn't pass. He passed a stage 5 about 14 months ago. So fingers crossed.
The girl who wants him is perfect; she just wants him as a happy hacker with a few little shows. It's exactly the kind of home I was hoping for. He will be a real pet.

So there you go, he only went on HorseMart Sunday afternoon. I'll keep you updated on how the vetting goes.

Once the vetting is over I will start looking for my next one but I didn't want to start looking just encase.

We haven't had so much interest in Blacks but I think it might be his age putting people off? To be honest I'm enjoying him so much that if he doesn't sell then hay hoo, we will keep taking him out and about and try selling him again when he is 5.

Just thought I would keep you guys updated.

KatB

Visit site
Oh hon, pleased hes hopefully found a lovely home, was going to PM you, but didn't want to "crowd" you!

Blacks will prob get more interest before showing season, as he will make a good little show cob! Also, people arent as interested in youngsters before the winter, as not alot of time to work on them!

Fingers crossed for the vetting....

Weezy

Visit site
Thats fantastic news
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Yes it is but it's all happened very quickly and she has seen him 3 times! I still felt sick about it all yesterday though, I hope I've done the right thing!

Bri

Visit site
Thats fantastic news -must have missed something though. Didn't realise you were going to sell him!?

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Yeah, there were a couple of posts on Sunday. I'm selling because he just isn't up to the level of jumping I was hoping for. He is a wonderful horse but more of a happy hacker/ local level competer and I just want to do more. I will miss him like mad though!

S_N

Visit site
Blinkin' heck!!! That was quick work!! You must have the knack of the written word for advertising - wanna write an advert for H
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Am sorry that you have to sell him though hun, but totally understand why you are doing it!!

If noone wants Blacks (not likely) then you could always give him to me
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
If no one wants Blacks then I'm keeping him but just going to stick rather large heels on him so he is 15'2hh as opposed to 14'2hh. I tell you what though he is the most, kind, intelligent, cute, funny, i could go on and on, horse that I have ever meet! He is just one of those horses that wants to be with you, all the time, he is such a time waster!

Thanks, i was just honest about Otto saying 'he is no superstar but a solid RC all rounder'. I didn't want to attract the serious competitor types as thats just not him. Just get nice pictures of you doing different things, i think people like that!

TGM

Visit site
Glad you have found Otto a lovely home - fingers crossed the vetting goes OK. How much are you asking for Blackie and what is his precise height? I'm surprised you haven't had much interest as coloureds are SO popular at the moment. If I had a spare stable I would buy him like a shot - he is a lovely chap who would give someone a lot of fun
grin.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Hi TGM, well measuring him with a tape measure and a whip (not very scientific) he was just under 14'2hh (he was sold as 15hh but hey what's 2 inches!). We put them both up for £3995 so I suppose he is on the more expensive side but his wonderful temperament is so worth it (we did put ONO though so the price would be negotiable)!

As I have said I’m having a lot of fun on him at the moment though, another dressage on Saturday, yeah!!!!

TGM

Visit site
I don't know what the height categories are for showing coloureds (will do a bit of research) - but if he fits well in the heights then I would think he would be fantastic for someone who wants to do a bit of traditional coloured showing plus a range of RC stuff. Was it his first ever competition the other week? If so I am very impressed how calm and chilled he was!

What photo are you advertising him with? Can you post a link to the ad?

Hornby

Visit site
Not suprised Otto sold quickly as you have done so much to bring him on in the last year and he has sounded great. Wish I had 2 stables spare....good luck with your search for the new one (please let us know how that goes and what you are aiming for, I have enjoyed Otto's - and Blackie's - histories this year!)

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Arr thanks Hornby, that's lovely!
Don't worry you will all have full reports of my search for my next one..........

I'm trying to find a JH58's Coblet/Lis's Blue/My Ella, so basically a coloured MW/cob that can jump the sky. What do you reckon, possible?

Still going to leave it a bit before starting to look though, i want to make sure that if I find something I can afford it!

TGM

Visit site
Interesting! I wondered whether you had used that pic of him that is in your sig, which you have. It doesn't do him justice at all - it makes him look lacking in depth through his chest which doesn't seem a problem when you see him in the flesh. What about using that pic from the dressage where he is really tracking up and showing his paces. I know it is rather dark but I think it could be improved using photo-editing software to lighten it.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Yeah maybe I wouldn't know how to do it though! We can get some better dressage pictures Saturday as it's outdoors. Gina liked that picture cause he looks cute but I see what you mean.
We could always try selling him again in the Spring when more people are looking because we have the 3 stables so it's not like we need the space or anything, I can beg, steal or borrow more money if I need it.
Thanks for your input it all helps!