Well im alive...

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
But then I came home, went to get changed and stubbed my foot on the corner of my bed. One broken toe later and I cant get riding boots on, can just about mange wellies. Can get on a horse but hurts to get off, havent even contemplated lugeing my breakers.
Day went like this:
Stood quiet at the meet - major surprise, can barely manage to stand still out hacking to gossip to the neighbours.
Few fly leaps/mini rears across first few fields.
Met a few ditches, wasnt liking the look of the first one and nearly reversed into a canal (4ft sheer drop into 4 ft of water). So got over the first and then got the hang of the next few, we had lost half of the field by then (including H and H man who didnt reappear for a few hours
shocked.gif
).
First rails - Let him bowl on into it, didnt take off and galloped straigt through it. Luckily fell down (note to self: probably hasnt jumped things he can see through before)
Second rails - Set him up, perfect stride, still didnt take off. Didnt break and just about stood up.
Log pile - jumped grand (cant see through those).
Log pile - actually made a shape.
Then had a few good gallops, had been out for a few hours by then. He had just about woke up and started to pull a bit.
Last obstacle was 2 banks and ditches then rails stride after last ditch. Was going over the last ditch when realised there was wire behind the rails - hence hasty smack on the a55. We did and didnt die.

BBs

Visit site
PMSL! you survived a mornings hunting, riding something that was obviously a bulldozer in its former life....then go and brake your toe in teh comfort of your own bedroom!

*shakes head*

Honestly!!!

Vix you are one brave if not insane lady!!! I salute you girl!!

Alibear

Visit site
I would view this as some sort of Karma.

Universe knew you were risking your neck and there was no way for you to get off Scot free but you are obviously so nice they didn't want you or horse seriously hurt.
Hence good day hunting with a few Leary bits just to remind you and then saved the hurt for broken toe in safety of own bedroom (at least you had to duvet to yell into when it happened or is it only me that does that?)

Well done , and I guess you'll be practising rails at home then?

No way would I ever very do that, jump ew nasty things.

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
I dont know about showjumping, but a hack up to local xc course may be in order!
I really should learn, did the same last year on the big lad. Never been off the floor before and first jump we came to was a 4ft set of rails (the only decent rails in the whole of our country).
Seeing as Jeremy won over fences as a 4yo I sort of thought he would be ok...