Well, McTimoney confirms about saddle

Peanot

Visit site
As some of you know, I have decided to get a new saddle as I think that mine isn`t fitting well at the moment. It did, but that was 18 months ago, when I had it, and we have got a lot more muscle and filled out etc. It is a lovely saddle, a Bates Caprilli with Cair with adjustable gusset. It is lovely and comfy too and she has had a lot less trouble with her back with the Cair. Well, McTimoney lady today said that the saddle no longer fits. I have booked in a saddle fitter to come, but he can`t come for 3 weeks. So I have been advised to lunge her in Pessoa for the time being to build up the muscle without a saddle.
I went to the saddle fitters shop and he has Albions, Blyth Tait, Pessoa, Jaguar etc, and he is bringing some to try. I am going for a jumping saddle and also trying the Isabel Werth.
This is probably the reason why we have had a couple of stops and the 1/2 strides for the last few months.
frown.gif

Hopefully we will find the perfect saddle for us both. I am thinking of taking her over there the week after next to have one fitted as I don`t fancy waiting 3 weeks.
grin.gif

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
Why not just get the one you have reshaped if you like it?

One of ours has been back and forth like I don't know what, but it's a bleeding nice saddle!

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I agree, perhaps better to get the old one re shaped. I'm having hell at the moment trying to find a saddle to fit, and I think I'm going to have to just find what's comfiest for him and have it re shaped to fit.
failing that i might get a donkey pad
grin.gif

hunteress

Visit site
re shaping won't make any difference Ive been down that road so many times had one made to fit me and horse havn't looked back, can give you number if like he go's all around the country and is well recomended.

Peanot

Visit site
Thank you but I will wait to see what this saddler has to try first. If the Albions are a close fit and comfy, then I remember reading on here that they make to fit for a little extra, so might go down that road.
I also need a purpose built saddle ie, jumping, as we are now jumping discovery and I don`t feel that I have the extra support needed sometimes when she jumps big over the fences.
I also want a dressage saddle for the flatwork as we do a lot of flatwork and the odd dressage competition. We will be doing a couple of months of pure dressage over the winter months.

RachelMcTimoney

www.mctimoney4animals.com
from my experience only.........i have had to get rid of two albion saddles ( which cost £££££) it wrecked my horses back and i had it checked every couple of months by a qualified saddler as i was not happy, in theory it fitted but it was crap!!!! i wouldn't recommend for any horse, but especially if it has had a back problem!