Well, no HOYS for us then.....

Hattikins

Visit site
It was lovely to meet you pootleperkin! We were thrilled to bits with Jack and just delighted he made it to HOYS no matter that Robert wasn't keen on him! We've got some gorgeous photos of him which I will cherish forever :) sending lots of healing wishes to G, I'm sure he'll bounce back ready to wow everyone next season!

humblepie

Visit site
Nice report pootleperkin and gutting for you to miss out but onwards and upwards for next year. Hope you horse gets well quickly.

Hope for a report Hattikins. It is amazing and the atmosphere in the Caldene Arena is brilliant. Well done you and look forward to your report.

pootleperkin

Visit site
Nice meeting you too Hattikins! I have a few pics and bits of (whisper) vid - will message when they are up. Jack looked great - I thought Robert was quite mean about him, but he did pull some faces :D

I would so have loved to have been there. Never mind, as we are all saying, next year! G actually came completely sound today, but vet's advice is to be ultra conservative now - so he is still in for 2 weeks (probably will go out just at the point when they will have to come at night for the weather anyway!), is walking out for no more than 10 mins a day, and he will then go out onto limited turnout. He still has some swelling at the back of the pastern, so I'm just hoping that eventually that will disappear!

Last edited:

Hattikins

Visit site
Thank you, would love to see them! Yes he did pull some faces, he's a bit of a comedian! I was a bit taken a back by some of the comments purely as we were all assured that under no circumstances would the commentary get "personal" but hey oh he is entitled to his opinion and Katie was very kind. Great news about G! Fingers crossed he just continues to improve! :)