well....pride certainly came before a fall....oops

Hippona

Visit site
So my horse has been going really well recently...everything is coming together and he's been a pleasure to ride.
Last night I was enjoying a lovely hack....horse was a star...walking out nicely/ swinging through, responsive....Just sweet.
Caught a view of us in a patio window a yep....looking good.
I'm booking my flight to Rio and generally congratulating myself on our progress.....horse and rider as one, I'm a picture of smug.

So we get to our gallop field, I'm still in fantasy land...horse spooks at a random patch of grass and flings himself sideways and stops dead from canter ....I helicopter out the side door and horse legs it....all I can see is his backside, tail up going full pelt across the field and over the railway bridge.

I then realise how spectacularly unfit I am as I stagger and wheeze after him..

I find him in the next field showing off some dressage moves mercifully unscathed .....I'm staggering and gasping and feebly clapping my hands and calling him and he spots me and comes galloping over and does a skid stop in front of me...

The fitness regime starts here ;)

meesha

Visit site
Brilliantly written I did giggle....sorry.. But glad u r OK. I had to get off after dropped something the other week half way up a steep hill' nearly did me in walking up with horse to find gate to get on, yet I expect horse to do that hill with me on him ! I will be joining u in the fitness regime !

LeannePip

Visit site
fabulous! i did have a little chuckle to myself! very well written!

i also will be joining this new fitness reigeme!

arrived at the yard a couple of days ago for a lesson, was running lateish although lesson wasnt at a set time, turned up, horse who should have been in was out. miss communication! run to the furthest field on the yard horse was at the furthest end, run back with the horse. nearly die!

Get on horse for lesson all going well in walk, horse behaving. go into trot didnt stop trotting for the rest of the lesson. 40 mins of trotting later i could barely breathe or stand up when i got off! now where are my trainers?

neweventer

Visit site
That has made me giggle this morning. Glad your ok. Horses do have a great leveling effect. I can remember winning a show jumping class feeling very proud of myself, only to be ditched in the prize giving