Well, she is home!

_jetset_

Visit site
I went to pick Grace up this morning. We got there at 12.30ish and got everything sorted before loading her...

As we set off for home (well, her new home) she was shouting a lot and banging, but once we got going she seemed to settle down. Poor baby had the worst journey home along the M6... there were several accidents so it ended up taking over two and a half hours!

When I finally got her to the yard she did a lot of shouting. I re-loaded her as she had been a little tenative to load at first, and she was absolutely fantastic. Even though she was in a new place with a new person, she went straight in and stood quietly.

Put her in her stable and she had a sniff and snort but finally ate her haynet (not really been in a stable much, she has been living out a lot of her life). I was worried because she looked quite thirsty but wouldn't drink out of the water feeder. So I went to find a bucket, filled it up and then put it in for her. She sniffed it, dipped her nose in it, and then dipped her nose in her water feeder... little bugger!

She seems to be settling down a bit, but doesn't like her Alfa A that much, so going to put some alfa-beet in it tomorrow and see if that makes any difference.

But, she hasn't had a poo! She had a wee but just worried about colic (as my mare gets it quite badly) so I am going to pop back in a while and might even take my camera with me (although she is very wooly and her mane is long!)

Any advice to help me help her to settle in???

Thanks,

Rebecca and Grace

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Glad you got her home safely. I've been thinking about the two of you today
smile.gif

As for helping her settle I think all you can do is get her routine established asap, which I know you will anyway. I'm sure she'll soon realise she's landed firmly on all four hooves having you as her new Mum.

Piccies soon please!

_jetset_

Visit site
She's a 17hh WBxTB chestnut mare who is 5 years old. She was broken at 4 years then turned away for a year... she is on a 12 months loan initially but if I choose to buy her at the end, it will be for the amount she is worth now. I think there is a very real risk of me falling in love with her!

truffles

Visit site
She sounds stunning - we NEED photos lol!
Is she a project to bring on and sell?
Whatever you do with her, I wish you both the best of luck!
smile.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
Just been up to check on her, and although she is very chilled out, she still has not done a poo... but then again she hasn't really eaten that much today.

Going to check on her again in a bit... again in my slippers and dressing gown, LOL!

I have just had a text off a fellow livery and she said when I left tonight Grace whinnied like mad for a while! Poor baby...

PinkFairy

Visit site
ooo she sounds gorge! i agree with the others - piccies pleasseeee even though we are also putting ourselves at risk of falling in love with her
smile.gif

Nic

Visit site
Thats fantastic. I'm sure she will settle in quite quickly. What about some Coligone if you are worried about colic? As for settling in, just try and get her into a routine a.s.a.p.

Do you remember you told me about her when I asked if it was possible to find a nice loan horse? Well I have just found it! Good news all round, thanks for your advice and wishing you loads of luck with Grace
grin.gif

MillionDollar

Visit site
Oh yay you've got her! We want lots of pics especially of her transformation! Are you going to clip her? I can never wait to get the clippers out and pull manes and trim, they look so amazing afterwards, lol.
grin.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
I can't wait to get clippers on her and her mane pulled but as she has never been clipped or had her mane pulled I am going to take it slowly and see how she is with them. I am taking my hand held Equissage kit up tomorrow morning (cycloidal vibration movement) to see how she reacts to that.