Well that went perfectly :O) Meet Pickle :O)

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
LOL well it just went perfectly. I asked Simon to pull over just round the corner to the breeders house on the pretence of checking the map, gave him the card and said I'd forgotton to give it to him last night. His face was a picture, he really didn't know what to say. He was so pleased, emotional and just gob smacked. He looked totally shell shocked. Simon wants to call her Pickle and here she is :D We can bring her home on 27th November, gonna be the longest 6 weeks ever!! We can go and see her every weekend, infact the breeder encourages you to go as often as possible so she gets used to you and it makes it easier for her when she leaves to come home with us

A very shell shocked looking hubby!

IMG_9244.jpg

IMG_9239.jpg

IMG_9241.jpg

IMG_9232.jpg

IMG_9230.jpg

We are going back to see her next week.....and every week until she comes home :D

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I am a wife Cavecanem and apparentley the greatest!!! :D:D

If you all want to see them I certainly will post pictures every week for you all to see how she is growing up.

Poor hubby feels totally drained, he is shell shocked and very emotional but above all else totally and utterley over the moon.

She is a Cocker Spaniel and 2 weeks 1 day old today.

I tried to give him the card as casually as possible while pretending to look at the map. He looked totally confused and said 'I don't get it'!!! then he read the words inside and :D :eek: :D :eek: :D It just went perfectly, I am so happy for him, he is like a little boy at Christmas when he realises that Santa has been!!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
And I bet you got just as much pleasure from his reaction. Look forward to the picture updates, sound like caring breeders if they are keen for you to visit often.

Vizslak

Visit site
Do you know...this post has made me all tearful and emotional...good god NOTHING makes me tearful and emotional!
I'm so pleased all went to plan, I can just imagine his face...well done you for managing to keep such a wonderful surprise a big secret without letting on. And as said, you are a lovely wife, what a lucky husband! :D

domane

Visit site
Oh she's adorable and your husband looks so delighted :)

I've had a deposit on a Welsh D colt since the middle of September and he's not coming to join us until around the same time you get Pickle so I know EXACTLY how excited you are feeling....

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Oh she is utterly adorable!! I could cry.....

Hubby did!!! lots! and apologies to everyone else for making you feel so emotional ;)

Thank you so much for your lovely replies. We went and bought Pickle a blanket last night which we will take with us next week. The breeder uses her blanket for cuddle time so she has something else familiar to come home with. She is a lovely breeder, really cares about her dogs and encourages you to keep in touch, send your dogs back to her for holidays and to call any time of day or night with questions or worries :D

I think that hubby is going to drive me bonkers by the time she comes home. He's sitting on the sofa calling out 'Pickle'......he's practicing apparentley!! He is so excited and I knew he would be but I just couldn't imagine just how much this would mean to him.

I keep welling up as he is so excited and last night he said that he never thought he'd have another dog which did make me cry :rolleyes:

We have been offered the loan of several peoples crates but Pickle needs her own new one by all accounts. The breeder has recommended someone just down the road to her so we will go and look next weekend. I hope they have the dividers if not someone from here did recommend me one from online which has the divider and was a good price too.

Have a great day everyone :D