Well thats me out for the rest of the summer.

Shrimp

Visit site
Getting straight to the point, I ended up in hospital today with a slightly dislocated collar bone and a fractured arm right at the joint with my shoulder
frown.gif
so please excuse any spelling mistakes as i am doing this one handed with my left hand
crazy.gif

Now i'll start from the beginning....
It was PC area HT today and having walked the XC yesterday I was slighly worried about the ground which was in an awful state but they did put sand down this morning. Anyway, we did one of our best dressage tests ever scoring 30.3 which was the best in our team and then we jumped one of the very few clear rounds SJ. So i was in a good position after the SJ and I was full of positive mental attitude going onto the XC.
As i got down to the start of the XC, someone else was being taken away in an ambulance..
crazy.gif
We started ok though the ground was not helping at all and when we got to the water, we had 1 or 2 refusals at the step going in (it was causing quite a few problems) but we carried onto fence 8 which was a role top drop and Shrimp overjumped it causing me to come off backwards a few strides after the fence, landing on shoulder and rolling down the hill.
My God, it hurt! Waited for paramedics who gave me lots of gas and air (works wonders
grin.gif
) and then was put in the car and drove back to the lorry park where they called me an ambulance ( they were going to send the helimed but that was being a bit over dramatic! ) So got to hospital, had xrays and found out i had dislocated and fractured my shoulder (i wont go into the details). So now im feeling upset, frustrated, annoyed and the fact that i wont be able to ride or play music for the rest of the summer hasnt hit me yet. Shrimp, thankgod, is fine though when I fell off he didnt leave me untill someone took him away, bless him and mum said he was a bit confused. So hes staying at a friends house who will hopefully ride him over the summer and perhaps compete him for me if she wants to.

Anyway thanks for reading, if you know any way to cheer me up please do so
frown.gif
im feeling very sorry for myself
frown.gif
frown.gif

Flic xx
smile.gif

Thistle

Visit site
Ouch, poor you. However this is not what I needed to read just now as daughter has Area HT on Sun. Hopefully this rain will help with the ground. We have plenty of stud holes.

I expect we will be seeing alot of you on here now for the rest of the summer!

Shrimp

Visit site
Yup it is a consolation that he wasnt hurt, that would have made me feel alot worse if he was and us humans mend easier than horses!

Bossanova

Visit site
Oh no, sounds like a horrid thing, poor you
frown.gif

But on the plus side the dressage and sj sound fab, fingers crossed for a speedy recovery and you'll be back on board in no time!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
oooh you poor thing, at least your lovely horse is ok though and didn't suffer any ill effects from your fall..

Hope you are feeling better soon!!!

madgirl

Visit site
aww hun poor you!! hope u make a quick recovery tyhat is such a shame flic is so sweet!!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SW3

Visit site
OH my gosh, I'm so shocked this has happened. You poor poor thing Flic.... On the 'cheering up' side of things, not sure I can add more than the others have already said, i.e. bless little Shrimpie for being all worried and staying put to look after his mum (genuinely very sweet!); well done on the dressage and SJ - fab result; and fingers crossed that you will be back up and running by the time the ground has softened up again a bit... one silver lining of all this might be that in being out of action you will miss running him on nasty hard ground from now on this year and that is bound to save his legs a bit....

To be honest (cliche though it may be!
smirk.gif
), whenever i'm glum, nothing works quite so well to cheer me up as chocolate [and wine] .... As such, if you havent already, my advice is to raid the chocolate biscuit without delay.

Sx

Visit site
Hope you get well soon, look on the bright side, the ground has buggered up any serious competing til mid Sept anyway and at least he jumped you out instead of putting you at the bottom of a fence which should help you confidence wise when you get back on. (sort of)

Hope that has mildly made you better
confused.gif

Shrimp

Visit site
Thanks everyone for your support, its really helped to cheer me up and my arm isnt hurting as bad as I thought it would today so maybe thats a good sign?

B_t_S - I can blame Shrimp at all for what happened, infact I cant blame anyone as it was just one of those things. It hasnt put me off at all but when I can start riding again, I'll just start lower and work my way back up again to where I was.
laugh.gif

Clodagh

Visit site
Thats a real bummer, but well done for the other bits.

Shrimp sounds like a really faithful friend. A friend of mine had a similar injury at the end of last summer and shes right as rain now, just don't overdo it as soon as the strapping comes off - take it easy (just think, you won't be able to muck out...

Hope you mend quickly.

icestationzebra

Visit site
Came off in the field on Thursday night and have fractured my collarbone so I know you feel. Was planning my first outing with my mare in two weeks and was so looking forward it......worst of it was I was doing someone a favour by riding their new horse just after mine had gone so well - gutted doesnt cover it. Ground is so hard its like falling on concrete. Whats your treatment? I've got to go to the fracture clinic on monday......

Shrimp

Visit site
Oh poor you aswell!
frown.gif
Im going to the fracture clinic on monday too but for the moment im just wearing a sling but I will probably need physio etc. I'm going to be so careful in the future about running on hard ground (more than I am now) otherwise it might be my horse next time, not me
crazy.gif

icestationzebra

Visit site
Know what you mean......will also wear my bp more - although yours didn't prevent your injury but it could have worse without it hey? lets compare notes after our clinics!

Oh and can you believe there is a muppet at our yard that after asking my OH how I was after my fall, proceeded to hack out on the road wiyh no hat or shirt on! WTF!

Shrimp

Visit site
Lol will do!
Well its the muppets fault if he hurts himself and he cant blame anyone else. some people really are a bit thick.
smirk.gif

Peanot

Visit site
oh you pair are in the wars aren`t you. Flic, I remember hearing your name at Catton park and so you must be brave so it won`t take you long to get back to where you started. Well done on the dressage and SJing. The x-c is just one of those things that can`t be helped, but at least you are ok and shrimp, bless him!
I hope everything goes ok for the both of you on Monday. If you are very lucky it may just be bruised or sprained and not broken
crazy.gif

At least you can both come on here to keep you busy.
Keep your chins up.

icestationzebra

Visit site
Thanks Lesley! Fraid I have already seen my x-rays..... there is a definite parting of the ways going on there! Flic and I are a pair of crocks.... but at least we can be crocks together!