Wellington Premier League & an update

Tempi

Visit site
Hi All :)

Hope everyone is well, im a bit of a lurker these days - been on the forum for years and things have changed a lot since the old times! But thought I would drop in and do a quick up date on my gang.

Jupiter, my homebred by Johnson (Jazz x Flemmingh) that i have backed and produced myself went to Wellington Premier League yesterday to do the Hickstead 5yr old class. It was a strong class and the biggest show hes been too. He had a major meltdown in the outdoor warmup as it was right next to the food van and a very loud generator so I was allowed to go and warm up with the PSG horses indoors which was nice of them. He settled nicely but the trot wasnt as swinging and through as it could be. We went to do our test and he was quite tense in the trot and had a little bit of a tantrum and a rear which slammed his trot mark but he did lovely canter and a settled walk, his canter earner him a 7.4 and the walk a 7.2, unfortunately his trot bought his overall score down and the tantrum cost us heavily. We were still placed in the middle of a high class group of 5yr olds so I was really pleased with him. If he hadnt have misbehaved he would have been well up in the top of the class. So I will be contending the 6yr olds with him next year for definite :)

Hes done a couple of Novice affiliated tests recently scoring 71% and 67%, he will do the Novice Open Petplans this year as hes not ready for Regionals yet, so we just need 1 more sheet which we will hopefully get this weekend as competing at Kingston Maurward on Sunday.

A few pictures of him from a lesson at my trainers, and from Wellington yesterday:

Some of you may remember Bloss, my lovely mare who is now 20. We qualified for the Elementary Freestyle at the Winter Championships back in April, very sadly she went lame whilst I was up there and has done her check ligament quite badly. She is enjoying 6 months off in the field and will be rescanned in September, so fingers crossed for some good news then. She is completely sound which is a good thing and the swelling and heat has gone now that was in her leg when she first did it.

Those of you that dont follow me, please like/share my Facebook page - www.facebook.com/parisiennedressage

Im now in the 21st Century and have just joined Twitter as well, so please follow me on there - @P_Dressage

Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone is well :)

Worried1

Visit site
Omg! He's 5!!!!!!!! Can still remember waiting with baited breath for him to arrive! Well done he's looking lovely, he really fills the eye. Glad Bloss is on the mend fingers crossed for the Spetember scan :)

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
Well done he looks really grown up :)

Saw your jacket post but then Internet had a wobbler....I think the skarlett is a lovely jacket and it won't go out of fashion either, I'm desperately tempted by a spooks one ( in navy I hasten to add) but think they will a bit of a faux pas quite quickly???

Tempi

Visit site
Thank you everyone for your nice comments - and to the people following me, I'm a total technophobe on twitter but will try and follow people back!!

PS - I've been speaking with Alison at Dressage Deluxe and I think I'm going to get the Anky Classic in navy with silver buttons. I do like the look of the Scarlett but I think the Anky is a really nice shape

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
The other one I really like is ther Gersemi idun in the more blue ( not the navy) and that would maybe work well with your uvex as think that's is more *blue* than dark navy????

I really don't need another short jacket, after the regionals it won't get much use, but I soooooooo want a silly short SJ jacket, or do I, don't I, do I, don't I.......!!!!!!!

Jesstickle

Visit site
Just realised that is the wrong too and I can't edit so I meant too.

Just incase it was offending anyone as much as it is offending me! :p

Tempi

Visit site
JTickle - lol! I hadn't even noticed!

Nicnac - thank you :)

Keenjean - I am incredibly so, its an amazing sense of achievement and pride to have bred and produced him all myself. He is my first homebred too.

GinaGeo

Visit site
Lovely pictures! It must be something very special to be competing a home-bred horse.

Sorry to hear about your mare.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. I shall be following you on Twitter when I've worked out how to do it ;)

Foxford

Visit site
Lovely to see an update from you! I think I remember when you picked Johnson for bloss. Seems to have turned out pretty well. ;)

Nice to see another micklem convert too! x

Tempi

Visit site
Thank you everyone :)

He loves the micklem - he hasn't got great teeth and the micklem makes him much more accepting of the contact and still in his head :)

rowy

Visit site
Well done he looks great.
What made you decide on the micklem? My 4 year old is ace in a drop and needs a new bridle and I'm half thinking about trying the micklem.