welsh d - can i show him in this?

cob&onion

Visit site
Can i show my welsh D in this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW...r_Equipment&hash=item43ac8dc8af#ht_891wt_1037

It will be his first inahnd class and first time at a show and i don't think i would feel in control with a standard welshie showing halter, its only local so i expect i would be okay?. I do use one of these types of halter at home and i have alot more control in it than a headcollar - my other option is an inhand bridle.......but do like the white halters, especially as he is black :)

pec

Visit site
You haven't said how old he is.
It is perfectly acceptable to show a gelding in an in-hand bridle, if he is a colt or stallion 2 yrs or older you must show him in a bridle.
Personally I wouldn't use one of those halters.
If you need more control invest in a standing white webbing headpiece with a chain inder the chin. I have used these with very strong mares and they only pull against them once.

meandmyself

Visit site
I wouldn't use that halter for showing. It's very clunky and would likely not show off his head well!

Put him in a bridle if you need more control.

AFlapjack

Visit site
No I wouldn't use that either.

I would be inclined to use an inhand bridle until you can control him better and then swap to a webbing/rope welsh headcollar.