Welsh Studs and Stallions?

Blizzard

Visit site
Does anyone know of any good Welsh Sec D studs, or good stallions, preferably in the North East area of England although we would travel a bit for the right place.

Im looking for good temperment overall, although I would like a striking colour too, my mare is a dun so hoping for a dun, palomino, chestnut with flaxen mane or tail, or if possible black although Im not sure if she would produce a black, not too clued up on the gene stuff!

smile.gif

Penguinboots

Visit site
erm...a bit far (in Cornwall)...but I help the owner of this stud out www.tresora-stud.co.uk. The photo on the website of Seiont Guto Goch does him no justice, he was quite young when it was taken and he's filled out a hell of a lot since then! Not much help, but worth a mention!!

Blizzard

Visit site
Hi I googled it as the address didnt work, he is lovely although he may be too closely related to my own mare, I recognise a few of the names from her pedigree.

Lovely horses though, shame about the distance!
smile.gif

peapod

Visit site
My sister bought a D off the Hillgarth stud, which I believe are based in Durham - might be worth looking up?

beaconhorse

Visit site
http://www.cwmmawr.com/index.htm

I seriously cannot recommend these enough. So much so the yard now has 4 of their cobs as everyone was so impressed with them.
Tracy is wonderful too. nothing is too much trouble for them.

if you get intouch with them let me know and tell her Denise (jesters mom) put you intouch and tell her thinks she owes me dinner now lol

Chambon

www.picturetrail.com
Kirklees Teddy is a palomino, and very nice. But he's Oxford way, is that too far south for you? Also Broughton Diplomat (chestnut) is in Aylesbury, Bucks. Not sure about t'up North I'm afraid, but isn't Oben Tom Boy up your way (although he's probably getting on a bit)? He's by the late, great Nebo Daniel and is very typey.

Then there's Janton Dictator (scrummy palomino), but I think he's in Scotland, so probably a bit far north?
laugh.gif

Blizzard

Visit site
Hillgarth stud is about 20 mins from me so going to give them a try!

ooh those Cwmmawr stallions are gorgeous, all the way in Wales though, about 5 hours away!