Went for a saddle fitting today!

Peanot

Visit site
Well, took us 1hr and 20 mins to get there and we tried about 30 saddles on and rode in about 8. We started with the GP`s, but none of them fitted.
frown.gif

So we tried the jumping saddles, still none fitted,
mad.gif
except the Grandee but would need a slight alteration to be perfect. So then we tried the dressage! We tried a couple but no, then we tried the Ideal Jessica, ummm, not bad, then the Albion SLK, lovely but not a great fit, would need slight alteration. But a bit too expensive due to the fact that we went with the idea that I would come away with a nice new GP or jump saddle, get measured up for a dressage saddle, but buy a used cheaper dressage saddle.
The Jessica wasn`t a perfect fit but he altered it there and then to fit her and I tried it again and it was lovely. I went with the views to try the Albions really, but they didn`t fit her quite right. The saddle fitter has told me that he is expecting a load of new saddles in at the end of the month, so I`ll have to wait
frown.gif
. Well, no show jumpings shows for me then until the indoor season, so I am looking for some dressage shows now.
wink.gif

Thanks for reading. Does anyone else have this saddle???

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Why is that bad? Just like buying clothes off the peg, not everyone is the same shape but alterations can make it fit! It may just be moving flocking around to suit the shape of the horses back. At least the saddler sounds honest about those that did or did not fit. The fact that he was able to do an on site alteration with the horse in front of him and get the desired result sounds good to me.

icestationzebra

Visit site
I agree. Was it Andy? He came out to fit my saddle at the crack of dawn. I'd said a budget and he brought lots of new and second hand saddles with him and never pushed the new ones over the used. I was very pleased with Milners and would go back to them. He also took away a leather girth to repair which was done a week later for £15
grin.gif