Went to a show today

Gorgeous George

Visit site
George and I went and did dressage today, we did 2 prelim tests and didn't get placed but had a really good day
smile.gif
for the first time I was pretty calm, and I felt able to load / unload George etc. without help (no laughing it's all new for me
blush.gif
) and he was a really good boy
smile.gif

Got onboard and the warm up arena was flooded but we just did what we could and then did prelim 4 and 13, got 56% both times and we finished around the middle of the field, but I felt that George tried really hard and I wasn't paralysed by nerves
smile.gif
So no rosette, but I just feel so proud of my man. Sorry no pics yet, OH is still editing them off his camera.

Thanks for reading
grin.gif

Nickijem

Visit site
Excellent - well done you!
Remember - it is an achievement in itself to get to a competition and compete. I am aiming to get to that stage where I can get to show and remain fairly calm. Look forward to seeing your pics.

Jingleballs

Visit site
See as a newbie to all this stuff myself I think there is a great sense of achievement when you are able to do these things especially on your own - for me, being able to take my boy to a show on my own and not get so stressed that I upset him is my aim for the end of the year - I've never done it before so you're success today is an inspiration to me!

Gorgeous George

Visit site
thanks, I didn't go on my own, but usually I end up needing help to do everything at shows as I am just such a bundle of nerves, but today I got on and did things myself and maybe that kept George chilled. Whatever it was a real step forward and one judge did put 'lovely horse'!

Quarrybank

Visit site
Well done you.
smile.gif

I echo, that you were really chilled today & George was a star. He is so well behaved & an easy travelling companion.
Our next outing will have to be a prelim & ........ a novice
shocked.gif
smile.gif

I'll do my report shortly
smile.gif

jenbleep

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Every time you can see the growing confidence! Its ace!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed! It's so nice to keep hearing about George and yourself, well done.
smile.gif

quirky

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
thanks, I didn't go on my own, but usually I end up needing help to do everything at shows as I am just such a bundle of nerves, but today I got on and did things myself and maybe that kept George chilled. Whatever it was a real step forward and one judge did put 'lovely horse'!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know George (obviously)
tongue.gif
but I too think he sounds lovely, as do you
blush.gif
. You sound like a pair well met
grin.gif
and I do enjoy your updates.
smile.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif

moneypit1

Visit site
Well done you! You are really doing well with your beauty. I should of taken Fly to his first sj for 8 mths but unfortunately got completely trashed at a bonfire party and spent the day on the sofa! xx