Went to Carl Hester's yard for a demo today!

rubyrumba

Visit site
Lucky lucky me, words just cannot describe how amazing it was. The horses were out of this world, absolutely breathtaking. What a truly genuinely lovely gentleman Carl is, great sense of humour and has such a rapport with all of the horses, the kind of person everyone would want to be friends with!! Charlie Hutton was riding there too.
All of the staff were very friendly and seemed extremely happy, wish I had their job! The yard was outstanding, I am in awe. I want to live there and work there, just want to be there!

kerilli

Visit site
me too, very jealous. the whole set-up looked amazing on the programmes and i think he has the most wonderful way with his horses. i'm surprised you didn't stow away in a corner somewhere, a desperate little equi-squatter! ;) ;)

lrobson

Visit site
wow lucky you, i bet i could imagine what it was like!! i went to mark todds yard and it was unbelievable!! even watched him ride and met all the horses including his badminton winner and although on tv i think he looks fairly small he isnt very sweet horse though his tail was white i was stunned.

rubyrumba

Visit site
Yes they rode quite a few horses while we were there, about 8ish, lost count! Going to be dreaming about it for weeks!

Festive_Felicitations

Visit site
me too, very jealous. the whole set-up looked amazing on the programmes and i think he has the most wonderful way with his horses. i'm surprised you didn't stow away in a corner somewhere, a desperate little equi-squatter! ;) ;)

Equi-squatter! Brilliant idea. Can this be done with your horse? Or is that too obvious?

There is a private yard I'd love to squat at near here. Indoor and outdoor arenas, SJ, mini XC course, lovely fields....sigh

OP - sounds like a lovely day, and something I'd love to do one day....

Mari

Visit site
Some time ago I regularly took a friend down to Carls for 2 days of training every few months as she had no transport. One day he asked me did I have my hat & if so would I like to hack a horse out for him with one of the grooms!