Went to Three Shires show yesterday (Pics!)

peapod

Visit site
Did anyone go to Three Shires yesterday? We took a few ponies, and had a great day!

My sister took the stallion, Magic, into some classes - it was his last show, so we decided to have some fun with him and do some Novelty classes - he WON Best Condition, and Best Mane and Tail
grin.gif

He did the serious M&M Inhand class as well - he won his class! Then went inot the Non-Welsh Championship - and got CHAMPION!

That meant he could go into the Supreme Championship - and got RESERVE SUPREME
grin.gif
Such a great way to finish his season, he's really done us proud this year - a pic of him:

IMG_0119_edited.jpg

I also took Sonny, my 5 year old, into his first Open class. We've been concentrating on doing small Novices mainly this year, just getting him used to being in the ring, and going round with other ponies. I was VERY VERY nervous about taking him into this class yesterday, and the fact that it was blowing an absolute gale didn't help!

He was a superstar though - went round very nicely, if a little bit strong! We were initially pulled in about 7th, but were placed second to last (out of about 10 I think).

The judge came up to me afterwards to give me my Dales Pony Society Performance rosette - and said that I would have possibly been THIRD if it hadn't been for the fact that I WRONG LEGGED! I am still kicking myself for it - I'm furious that I didn't pick it up - I was too busy thinking about gallop (which we've only just learned to do!) so forgot to check my canter lead.

Never mind - the fact that he could have been third is very encouraging - the class was very strong, and the winner of it has qualified for HOYS this year! Off to Barleyfields this weekend, so hopefully we'll do a bit better (if I remember to ride properly!)

A few pics:

IMG_0091.jpg

(I don't know quite why everyone was looking at me in this one
confused.gif
Lol!)

IMG_0094.jpg

(excuse my position in this one - having a confused moment obviously!)

IMG_0099.jpg

JAK

Visit site
I love your posts, your ponies are fab & you always have great piccies!
smile.gif

What a bummer about your ridden class - it's no consolation i know but MD will feel soooo much better when I tell her your sorry tale of woe, as she is convinced she is rubbish & everyone else permanently rides like Anky van Grunsven! LOL

peapod

Visit site
Thank you very much!

Please do tell MD - the majority of showing people aren't experts, and just go out to have fun (well, I do anyway - once I get past the nerves!)

Thank you TGM
grin.gif