We're Moving!

Dave's Mam

Visit site
All good things must come to an end & we are leaving our lovely yard.

Massive culture shock approaching, but we are moving to a fairly large livery yard.

Huge bonus is that it is 2 miles from my front door, not 20. All weather arena, grass jumping arena & lunge pen. Just under 2 miles of tracks to hack on site with little XC jumps too.

It's going to be a bit of a shock to both our systems, but I have visited the yard twice now & grilled the lady that showed me round thoroughly.

Dave has a nice indoor barn stable, with horses to one side & in front & he'll be living with a small herd of geldings.

Exiting times!

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Wishing you lots of happiness at your new yard!

Our yard is 1 mile from my front door. It makes such a huge difference.

It's going to be a massive change to my life. I can turn out / in before work, decide at the drop of a hat to nip to the yard, silly things like that. I love my current yard, but the distance is crippling.

Louby

Visit site
Awww really hope it works out for you. Ive just moved yards too, but Ive gone further away from home yikes! Madness as I could walk to the last yard but we just wasnt getting going as I had no one to ride with and with a youngster it just wasnt working. Definately scary moving and hard work but so worth it. Good Luck x

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Awww really hope it works out for you. Ive just moved yards too, but Ive gone further away from home yikes! Madness as I could walk to the last yard but we just wasnt getting going as I had no one to ride with and with a youngster it just wasnt working. Definately scary moving and hard work but so worth it. Good Luck x

Good luck for your move too. I am hoping that we will have folk to ride with & the tracks on site make things so much easier.

Hipo

Visit site
Good luck with the move. That’s the one thing I would change about the yard that we’re at, the distance.

sjb10

Visit site
Hope it all goes well, it sounds like a great place. Amazing how travel costs add up, and we don't always sit down to work it out.

millikins

Visit site
Hope it all goes well, it sounds like a great place. Amazing how travel costs add up, and we don't always sit down to work it out.

And it's the time eaten out of your day too. Good luck with your move, all sounds positive for you :)

Annagain

Visit site
Sounds lovely. The hacking track alone would sell it to me! Even 2 miles of off road hacking would be a godsend as the boys are getting on a bit now and can't go in the school too often due to various issues so a quick headtorch hack on a winter's evening would be lovely. Mine are great in traffic but I won't go on the roads in the dark, it's not fair to anyone.

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Sounds lovely. The hacking track alone would sell it to me! Even 2 miles of off road hacking would be a godsend as the boys are getting on a bit now and can't go in the school too often due to various issues so a quick headtorch hack on a winter's evening would be lovely. Mine are great in traffic but I won't go on the roads in the dark, it's not fair to anyone.

It was a major selling point for me too.

Thanks everyone, can't wait!

atropa

Visit site
I recently moved to a smaller, more rustic yard 2 miles from home from a medium sized, very fancy yard 18 miles away. The amount of time and money I'm saving is fantastic :) Good luck!

Dave's Mam

Visit site
The one thing I am slightly apprehensive about is letting him go straight out into a herd. BUT, I remind myself that he is in essence a herd pony, he was in a herd for the first 3 years of his life. He's very sociable, but knows his place. I feel in my gut it will all be fine. But I will be watching very closely.