West Wilts Ballot process??

pootler

Visit site
Wondering what's going on with the ballot process at West Wilts horse trials? The ballot date was last Friday but only half the classes were closed and a waitlist set up for the closed classes. The rest of the classes were left open, they have then been closed today and are showing as waitlist entries still open. Do I assume that as I was not balloted on the ballot date I am in?

The same kind of thing happened last time, it was still taking entries with no sign of balloting after the ballot date...... a week before the competition a waitlist was put up with me on it!!!!!

I've not come across this before, is this normal?

be positive

Visit site
It is easy to check whether you are in or not by entering your name in the panel on the left, WW always try and run completely full days and accommodate as many entries as possible within the limits allowed each day so do tend to have their own way of taking entries to allow classes to stay open if there is any space at all, they often have pros turning up on the day and manage to slot them in if there is a withdrawal so it is worth them getting on the WL.

pootler

Visit site
Thank you for your response, last time I was balloted but thought I was in - it did show my entry on the left! It currently shows my entry as card authorised, neither in nor out! I understand they want to run full days but is it fair to ballot a week before the competition rather than on the advertised ballot date, therefore, not allowing enough time for competitors to re-route anywhere else. Just to clarify I put both entries in before the ballot date.

ihatework

Visit site
Thank you for your response, last time I was balloted but thought I was in - it did show my entry on the left! It currently shows my entry as card authorised, neither in nor out! I understand they want to run full days but is it fair to ballot a week before the competition rather than on the advertised ballot date, therefore, not allowing enough time for competitors to re-route anywhere else.

If the class wasn't full and closed at the ballot date then you won't be balloted

pootler

Visit site
At the last competition, I put my entry in before the ballot date, on the ballot date no ballot was made. A week before the competition (well after the ballot date) the sections were made up and I was shown as balloted. Therefore, I am unclear this time whether I will be balloted or not because the process was not correctly followed last time, as far as I can tell.