West Wilts CT (long!!)

Tempi

Visit site
Got to West Wilts in just over an hour and 2 1/2 hours before my time. This was because i needed to walk my SJ course before my dressage. Walked course seemed nice enough, some quite tight turns but wasnt too bothered (it was also at the baby height so made me feel better, even tho i was jumping it at 3ft). Warmed up for dressage which was on the most awful grass arena ive ever ridden on, there was holes in the grass which you had to ride round and it was all tufts sticking up so was very hard to keep balance on. Lucikly i was only doing a novice test so it wasnt hard. Got 64% was really p!ssed off as got a 5 for my free walk and she did a brilliant one and even my mum commented when i came out of the arena as to how good it was. But to be honest i dont think the judge was paying any attention as i got a 7 for one of my canter movements and she broke early in the counter canter, and an 8 for my final centre line/halt when she was above the bit and not even square
confused.gif

Anyways, next to the jumping - which i was really worried about as although ive had her 4yrs ive never jumped her out before and shes a difficult horse to jump. Plus the course was wel up to height and i was just praying i wasnt going to overface her. But, she was a proper little star and we flew round and did a clear round (one of only 3)
grin.gif
So i came 2nd in the end and won £12. Was SO pleased with her and definately going to take her out to do some more jumping.
smirk.gif

Now to the journey home.......on the way up we'd been driving along and suddenly we'd heard this massive 'bang'. We'd got out and checked all the tyres and all had looked fine, and had checked them all when we got to WW and had looked fine then. So, lorry started to wobble REALLY violently, i said to mum theres something seriously wrong luckily we were about 100ms from a service station (the warminster one on the A36) we pulled into the lorry park. I hopped out the lorry and went to check the back tyre, and the inside back driverside one was totally shreaded.........NOT GOOD!!

So to cut a seriously long story short, we waited FOUR hours for someone to come and change the tyre. Which they couldnt do with Bloss in the back. In the mean time my friend came out with her trailer to take me and Bloss back to the yard. Bloss was a total angel and just stood in the lorry for 3hours while we waited for the trailer to come get her. Shes never been in a trailer before and isnt the greatest traveller - but she walked straight in and quite happily travelled all the way bk to the yard in it. Got back to the yard and she wasnt even sweated up.

So all in all Bloss was a total star from beginning to end of the day and im so proud of her
laugh.gif

(well done if you got to the end
blush.gif
)

BBs

Visit site
You've had quite a weekend hun
grin.gif

Brilliant results at WW so pleased for you
smile.gif
was that the BD Combined thing? I did that last year at Addington the winner was on 80%
mad.gif
when I was stuck on 65%
frown.gif

So came no where even with a clear in the SJ.

Bloss is such a babe, you must do some more SJing with her by the sounds of it lol

You were very lucky by the sounds of it with the lorry tho
crazy.gif
very scary indeed - thankfully you werent travelling at speed EEK!!

Hey it was great to meet you yesterday
smile.gif
bet youre shattered now!!!

Congrats sweets
smile.gif

Tempi

Visit site
i am shattered to be honest, but lukily im not busy at work today so taking it easy on here!!
smile.gif
Was great to meet you too - you were just like i imagined aswell (not in a bad way!!!!)
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
HEHE that sounds ominous!

You were taller than I thought - and much more beautiful
mad.gif
bitch
wink.gif
only joking - Im only jealous cant wear white jeans
frown.gif

God I had to be dragged from my bed this morning - talk about exhausted but wasnt it worth it
smile.gif

Are you competing next weekend? or are you having a weekend off to recharge batteries? is the lorry fully functional again now?

dieseldog

Visit site
Well done, you going to try an intro now?

What a nightmare with the lorry, seems to be the time of year for it - my exhaust fell off last week!

Tempi

Visit site
thing is with an intro im not too sure about the x country part, the rest will be fine. Il need to find a nice easy course near me to do.

Not good about your exhaust falling off!!

Tempi

Visit site
moving yards to Louisa's next weekend, really looking forward to going to a nice small peacful yard!! So Bloss has the weekend to settle in.

It gets crazy after that tho as ive got sparsholt on 12th (e44 & e52) then KM talent spotting on 14th then up to lincoln for 3 days for BRYDs nationals on 15, 16 & then bk on 17th!