'Westipoos' and 'Yorkipoos' - WTF?!

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
I immediately thought coat issues as well. Bumped into the local goldendoodle this morning, he's turning into a lovely dog but his owner likes his coat long and has never had him clipped, he's got big swooshy curtains like an Afghan hound but with a thick uneven wave to it, must be matt central, he makes me feel itchy. :eek:

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
He is 99% there, had his last antibiotic yesterday, no snot for about 4 days now, fingers crossed we've nailed it. Thank you for asking! :)

Lots of work to keep the mite burden down in the house, long term plan is to have them living outside a lot more, won't be much longer before we can move and make that happen.

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
I need to graduate first, don't hold your breath. :p

One way or another though it's all change this summer, I will have to find a 'proper' job, go house hunting and the 'oss will be moving yards too. Exciting stuff. :)

quirky

Visit site
A fb friend posted a pic of his "schnauzerlier". Ten days later he was posting asking if anybody wanted it.
I pointed out that any breeder worth thier salt would take it back.
Needless to say, they wouldn't :(

Kaylum

Visit site
Westies aren't easy to breed, they have short backs so often have problems getting onboard, so I am guessing poodles are easy to breed with anything, but the original point of the poodle cross was it didn't shed hair. Every dog sheds hair, some a lot more than others. Westies shed and so do poodles but not as much other dogs which is why they need clipping, so don't see the need to cross these breeds.

Hate to say but those puppies are even cute, they are damn ugly.

Last edited:

Hexx

Visit site
I was in a meeting the other day and two of the people were discussing their new pedigree puppies. One was a Sprocker, the other a FOXIPOO - which is apparently a Fox Terrier x poodle, who they got from a "commercial breeder" aka puppy farm.

When i was asked what dogs I had, I said mongrels - just like their dogs. Oooh the looks I got! Of course, i could have said a Jaxi and a Welhound! Unfortunately, I was negotiating a £4m contract with the people in the meeting so didn't really feel like I could get on the soap-box about ridiculous crosses, stupid people that buy them thinking they are "pedigree" with silly names and paying three times what you would pay to rehome the same sort of dog from a rescue.

Honestly, a foxipoo - I have heard it all!