Wet snuffles

joy

Visit site
This is the only description I can make of the noise my colt makes, he sometimes has a wet clear nasal discharge with white streaks in it but his mother had this as well and there was nothing wrong with her wind.
He snorts a lot as if clearing his nose but there is no snot, he doesn't cough and he doen't make a noise when put to work on the lunge.
The vet came out and had a listen and prescibed antibiotics and ventipulmin.
He is on rubber matting, first class hay, has turn out, has 11 feet of open frontage to his stable so he isn't boxed in and is otherwise in fine fettle.
Is he just a good old fashioned high blower?

parsley

Visit site
Bomber has been like that for a while - I can't give him hay or he really coughs. Recently the vet has diagnosed sinusitus. His breath REALLY smells. What did the vet give as a diagnosis?

mostfunintown

Visit site
I had a mare with a similar problem - i say problem , it never bothered her, just worried me. The short story is after 6 years of worry I had her in at the vet clinic where they scoped her. DIAGNOSIS- A slight narrowing of the trachia this was heredatory and would never be a problem for her. So I hunted her for years after and never had any trouble.