What’s the obsession with the duns and buckskin

Mary3050

Visit site
No competition in the bidding ring from me. Grey or bay for me, no socks, no blue, no pink, no spots, no stripes. Husband and children can purchase whatever colour they like. ......Very close minded person here!!!

Haha I literally have brought only bays for 8 years . I don’t specifically go shopping for just bays but they find me ? .No whites on legs only one has a white star. This was until I end up with a relations big grey ? I forgot how hard they are to keep clean .

Visit site
the only vague conscious thing i do when considering the horse to buy is that i would prefer it not to be the colour of the one have just sold or lost my previous ones went from ............black to bay to grey to bay to piebald..............but i honestly look at the whole package, although i have always wanted a rose grey when i was a kid until i found out the went grey........

My TB who is now almost white with brown fleabites was registered as Rose Gray/Roan. Yes. He is American and no they couldn't figure out he was just gray!

As a 2yo in America. Very definitely gray!

Screenshot_20211104-161755_Gallery.jpg

A couple of years ago now but he still has the silver bit with a few more fleabites and a whole load of dirt on him just now ? But very definitely gray not Rose Gray or Roan!

Screenshot_20211104-161633_Facebook.jpg

Starzaan

Visit site
I have a lovely buckskin. I bought him for his lovely temperament, how well put together he is, and how much potential he had.

He is 17.2hh, and when I bought him it was very very rare to see a big buckskin or dun. They are now much more common, but I still get stopped almost daily by people telling me how beauitful he is.

I wouldn't ever buy a bad horse just for the colour, but I must admit, I really do love my yellow pony and now have a bit of a thing about them.

Also, BEST colour for competing. He doesn't show any stains!

HashRouge

Visit site
My TB who is now almost white with brown fleabites was registered as Rose Gray/Roan. Yes. He is American and no they couldn't figure out he was just gray!

As a 2yo in America. Very definitely gray!

View attachment 82152

A couple of years ago now but he still has the silver bit with a few more fleabites and a whole load of dirt on him just now ? But very definitely gray not Rose Gray or Roan!

View attachment 82153
My Arab (also very definitely grey) is down as roan on her AHS certificate, presumably because she was in the process of greying out when the vet came to record her markings.

Tihamandturkey

Visit site
Any excuse to get the pics out! Especially for AE, our lovely 13.2 connie by Templebready Fear Bui, I think you would have loved her. She could turn her hoof to anything except dressage but I think that was our lack of experience as rider was 7 when we bought her as a 5 year old. She excelled at polocrosse and went to the pc champs on a number of occasions.

A fellow livery has a 15.1 dun mare by Templebready Fear Bui - she's x TB and very fiesty ?

In her day she was an amazing jumper - evented hunter trialled & had a fair few show jumping points.

She's still a lively lady (now in her early twenties) and is ridden occasionally.

I really can see the similarity to your Connie ?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I would have loved either, but specifically a dun. Beautiful and poo proof tail. Pee proof body.

I did look at a couple when I was looking this time, but they were all awful that I looked at. Physically not so good under the beautiful coat.

I said never again for a grey, but I have bought one of those! Poo and pee everywhere :rolleyes:

wispagold

Visit site
Loving all these gorgeous neddy photos. My mum definitely picked ponies based partly on colour. Growing up we had...

A 11.2h blue roan Welsh sec A
A 12h strawberry roan Welsh sec B
A 14h red/ Bay roan Morgan x Welsh B
A buckskin/ roan 12.2h (unknown breeding) she really roaned out over the winter and went golden in the summer.
A buckskin 15h over height Connie
A 15.2h chocolate dun/ buckskin Connie x tb

They were all fab!