What a class horse Frankel is

amage

Visit site
Made the pace...had to coz nothing else would go and what a display he gave! As soon as he pushed the button Canford Cliffs was left! Brilliant brilliant horse and a super ride from Tom! Henry Cecil is a genius

KautoStar1

Visit site
OMG !! bl**dy bl**dy brilliant. what a class horse. he is the real deal. And a super ride from Tom, who deserves all the praise he should rightly get. Sir H is a genius.

Clodagh

Visit site
What a superstar, I love him and so hoped he would win but no idea he would do it so easily. Fantastic horse, what are the chances of him staying racing next year? Wouldn't it be great if he did.

Caledonia

Visit site
Unbelievable! He was cantering all over them at halfway, and after the finish TQ could hardly pull him up! :eek:

Brilliant horse, brillliant ride, brilliant trainer! :D

teapot

Visit site
Also, for those that don't know the Goodwood course, the uphill finish is much tighter than it looks so it's even more impressive.

Visit site
A class horse by a phenominal sire! Frankel extended his unbeaten record to 8 wins, landing his 4th Group 1 sucess in the process. Frankel is yet another bit of proof that the Galileo - Danehill cross is worth more than it's weight in gold.

His sire, Galileo, is currently standing top of the Sires tables this year and has fathered the winners of 14 Group 1 races this year alone - unbelievable! He has a way to go yet to emulate his sire, Sadler's Wells, but Galileo is turning into, I wouldn't say legend yet, but most certainly an unforgettable horse.

Canford Cliffs is also a much better than average horse, he has proven this by winning 5 Group 1's in a row, beating some of Europe's finest horses in the process. Seeing Hughes press the button on Canford Cliffs was impressive - the horses stride just legthened and really ate up the ground. Unfortunately for him Frankel gobbled it up quicker. CC was slightly disapointing in the final half furlong when he drifted and looked as though he was tieing up slightly but he lost nothing in defeat. He was beaten by not only a freak of a horse but a freak who boasts the very, very best bloodlines in the world.

Huge congrats to all involved with both of these brilliant horses and may their lights shine ever brighter when they meet again in the near future!

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I see he is ranked 1lb inferior to Sea The Stars which is some yardstick.

Richard Hannon seemed to think Canford Cliffs didnt act on the course and wants a rematch. The time wasnt that fast but I dont think you could argue with the way he won going away, will be interesting to see if he can hold his form next year and train on.