What a day but she is here!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Transporter was meant to be here by 5pm at the latest but he got held up before he collected her and then she wouldn't load, then he got caught in more bad weather and behind a wide load that was taking up two carriageways of the motorway. When I realised he was going to get here in the dark I decided I better clear a space in the sheep shed :eek: I used to have a stable in there for my 16.2 but it didn't occur to me until he was nearly here that it has had a concrete floor in since then so the roof is a lot closer to the floor :eek:. Anyway no choice so I took the bulb out above the "stable" just in case she threw her head up and waited..and waited and FINALLY,

She arrived!

a6ad64cf47ec1c87a6783cebb0e65c90.jpg

She is an American Paint, 4yrs old and called Amber. Really laid back walked into the shed like it was not a messy shed with a sheep pen stable :eek: and was completely unperturbed. :D

Blooming Photobucket isn't working so will add some more when it does.

Meanwhile this is her father, he is the top paint reining stallion in the UK.

http://www.stallionsonline.co.uk/stallion_10696.html

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Worth the wait? :p :D
So glad she got there safely and didn't mind living in reduced circumstances :p :)

I'll tell you tomorrow lol. She was bad to load, more stubborn than anything else and I can see she is rather opinionated but so am I :p. I think her temperament is what I want (laid back in the face of adversity not a screaming TB!) so the rest can be worked on. ;)

mandwhy

Visit site
Oh she is lovely! I love her eyes, and colour, and markings, and she is well put together indeed.... Yes I like her!! I also like the name Amber a lot.

Big fan right here :-D

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Just went out to check on her and found her finding the sheep shed on the chilly side so put her turnout rug on too. Also (as you do at midnight!) had a good look in her mouth and then emailed some EDTs to see who can come ASAP.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
What beautifully placed markings! :)

Oh she is lovely! I love her eyes, and colour, and markings, and she is well put together indeed.... Yes I like her!! I also like the name Amber a lot.

Big fan right here :-D

Thanks both of you. I am more pleased every time I see her lol.

Handled her a bit when I went out just now, as you do lol and she is a very quick learner.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
First impressions are, holes in her education. Knew she pulled faces but reckon she will stop that with my handling regime.

She is also teething. Put my fingers just on the corners of her mouth and she starts the chomping. Waiting to hear back from dentist on that and won't be putting a bit in her mouth until she's been seen.

Keeping her in this morn as its chucking it down and I want to handle her throughout the day. Will get her out after lunch time. Tried my saddle on her and seems a reasonable fit so will see what saddler says. :)

Flame_

Visit site
Ooh, I like her.

Did you set out to find an American Paint or is she just the general type you like? Cool choice of horse anyway, I hope all goes well for you together. :)

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Ooh, I like her.

Did you set out to find an American Paint or is she just the general type you like? Cool choice of horse anyway, I hope all goes well for you together. :)

Not particularly although QH was on my list of possibles. I have cattle so it was in the back of my mind one bred to work cattle could be quite useful. I wanted something calm tempered and not highly strung and I wanted a coloured, buckskin, dun or palomino. I didn't really expect to find one in my budget however but found her and went to see her as a bit of a wild card as I'd mainly looked at lightweight cobs and ISH types. She was the last one I went to see on my trip round the UK and I didn't really expect to buy her, in fact if I had known she had a blue eye I wouldn't have probably even viewed her! She ticked quite a few boxes and i liked her. She is a bit spoiled and stroppy which I knew from viewing her, but her basic temperament is very sound and I can work on the rest. :)

I am itching to sit on her but will have to be patient since its still pouring here lol

Thanks for all the nice comments.:D

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I'm thinking about it Nicnac just because if she stops or moves suddenly to wear a cow I don't want to fall off lol.

Actually saw a brand new wintec western for sale second hand today at a rather good price I am thinking about trying...