What a difference a day makes

Quigleyandme

Visit site
I was having well used but perfectly serviceable saddles fitted to my newly broken youngsters on Tuesday. Hopped up onto my 17.2 placid and lazy dote of a horse and was walking a circle in the school no bother. Propped my leg to tighten the girth before I tried a little trot and he took off broncing and bucking, jumped the fence, did a giant cat leap and off I came. In hindsight I don’t think I should have dropped the contact but I just felt so safe on him. Saddle fitter called an ambulance despite me assuring her I was grand and quite sure I’ll be able to uncross my totally unresponsive legs and skip about in just a minute or two. Ambulance, paramedic car and my lovely neighbour Ciaran attended and after inhaling some very good drugs I was taken to Sligo University Hospital. I‘ve fractured my pelvis in five places; both sides of my groin, my sacrum and both hip sockets. I have been so sore and just going to the loo was such an ordeal but today after I showered I sat in a chair and the physiotherapists came and had me walking the corridor on my frame and then crutches. I was flying I tell you. If the consultant in Dublin agrees I might be going home today. My son flew over from UK on Wednesday bless him and is taking care of everything and my good friend Nickie has found me a uni student to look after the horses when Dan leaves on Monday. So in less than 24 hours I have gone from too painful to move unless I couldn’t avoid it and fretting over how in God’s name I would manage at home to walking on crutches with just the odd twinge when I go a bit wrong. ?

Tracking_up

Visit site
I'm another one that got bronced off royally in a saddle fitting - but hardly got my bum in the saddle before he bronced! Only a broken collar bone in my case, as opposed to multiple breaks in pelvis! Ouch!

Hope you heal well, but do take it easy to allow yourself time to heal.....

PurBee

Visit site
Im sorry, that sounds dreadful - that was a long way down to fall… thank god for good painkillers eh!
So glad you have support and assistance, go easy on yourself and you’ll mend quicker, its so tempting to get going once we can, but that little bit extra healing despite feeling fine is invaluable.

Bone marrow soup is full of bone-building goodness!