what a difference a week makes

Pidge

Visit site
Compared to last week where I drove home on the verge of tears, have just driven back with a huge grin
grin.gif

Had another lesson with instructor tonight and there was such an improvement in Pidge it was really good. We warmed up my way and just did walk and trot but he was ace and was so well behaved and chilled out, big improvement on Monday and a different horse to last week.
So after all the help and advice from people on here I am going to try to ignore any bad days/lessons with Pidge and just focus on the good ones, and thanks for the advice about talking to my instructor it really does work.

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Woohoo that sounds great. As I said to someone on here last week (may even of been you!) I have good lessons and terriblre ones, it totally depends on what sort of mood my mare is in! Even when we have a bad one I just think of how awful my riding was when I started and try and think of how even the bad lesson was better than one of my first ones. Hope that makes sense and glad you had a good one
grin.gif

Pidge

Visit site
thanks, apologies if my lesson post are boring for some but I just needed to share what a great lesson it was. I really can't believe the difference in him. Just goes to prove it does depend on what mood they or me are in, can't stop
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
ing

Pidge

Visit site
thanks, I can't believe how well you are doing with Sam now, after all you went through you really deserve everything to go well now. I do try to read most of the posts but with work getting in the way of my life it can sometimes be difficult
tongue.gif

Pidge

Visit site
thanks for the straight talking last week, really helped put things into perspective, like tonight I asked instructor if I could warm up my way and then take it from there, so she saw how nicely he goes when not wound up. We have increased the leg a bit but not a lot and the results were good. Plus I asked if we could do no canter as he can get a little excited once he's had a canter and didn't want to spoil what was a good lesson. Does that make sense? Was just really proud of him and forgot to mention in original post that he did lift twice when doing serpentines and I was on a longish rein so that made it even better
grin.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
As been said you have good lessons & bad lessons. The occasional bad day is a bit of a leveller & makes you appreciate so much more when your horse goes well. Just stick with it, as you have, & then it's all smiles again. Well done & don't get so disheartened when he occasionally has an off day.
smile.gif