What a lovely advert --->>>>>>>>>>>

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Was clicking on the ads to the right to have a nosey and saw this advert for a bay gelding for sale by the Military academy at Sandhurst.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/clas...irish-x-bay-gelding-7-years-161hh-483165.html

But it was the video that really made me smile, after all we moan about bad adverts it was nice to have a calm, informative and genuine advert.

Direct link to video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOqit6AUbHw&feature=youtu.be

Cally sounds a lovely young horse who just hasnt found his place in military life.

Slightly pointless post but it just made me smile when I watched it :)

Antw23uk

Visit site
Ahh I like him and I love the advert. The best advert I saw had a video of a horse being schooled, hacked, groomed, bathed and loaded in and out of a trailer. I was so impressed I always thought if I had to do a sales video it would be like that :)

puppystitch

Visit site
I thought the back end looked a bit choppy in trot, but it does look as if the rider is taking a bit of a hold. Seemed better in canter and there were some softer strides coming through. Really leaves his front legs dangling over the jump though. You're right that it's a nicely presented advert, let's hope it works!

Michen

Visit site
They are fantastic there. I very nearly sent my mental mare to them on loan as her last chance, Tim is fantastic. He certainly wouldn't put a horse up for sale that is not right behind and he probably knows more about horses than all of us on here put together!

Clare85

Visit site
It is tricky to know what the tenseness is down to though really, could be an issue, could not be.

First port of call would probably be the military activity at the academy I would say. Once he's in a quieter environment he may well relax and settle into his work.

rachk89

Visit site
I think his trot is fine it's just tense. He can't relax because of his environment he is too nervous there at any potential noises. That said I personally wouldn't buy him as he needs a confident and relaxed rider. I would freak the poor lad out more with how tense I am.

teapot

Visit site
They are fantastic there. I very nearly sent my mental mare to them on loan as her last chance, Tim is fantastic. He certainly wouldn't put a horse up for sale that is not right behind and he probably knows more about horses than all of us on here put together!

Agreed, Tim knows his stuff (lovely guy too). Even when the cadets arn't there, it's a place that has a feel to it which I can't explain in words. Saw a cav black do a demo who was 100% in Central London but didn't settle there.

Hope he finds a nice home.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I agree he looks odd but he's being sold because he can't cope so it's not surprising he's as tense as can be .
He'll have a huge jump in the future .

Goldenstar

Visit site
Thinking about it if I had seen that ad when I was looking for J I would have considered a look I wanted a nice interesting horse who needed lots of work at home .he would have been worth a look.

Pigeon

Visit site
I agree, it makes such a difference!!! He looks like such a sweet boy too.

Unsound? Maybe...

Last edited:

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/half-horses-lame-saddle-slip-survey-428728

I think the horse is bilaterally lame behind, possible stifles or sacroiliac. He cannot push upwards when jumping at all, he jumps out forwards instead. He shows one or two outright lame steps behind and the rest of the time his stride on the back is so short as to be far more than just greenness, imo.

Anyone who thinks someone with experience can't miss a lame horse needs to read the recent research pointed to above. 46% of horses presented by professional yards as sound for a study done by Sue Dyson were unsound.

Goldenstar

Visit site
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/half-horses-lame-saddle-slip-survey-428728

I think the horse is bilaterally lame behind, possible stifles or sacroiliac. He cannot push upwards when jumping at all, he jumps out forwards instead. He shows one or two outright lame steps behind and the rest of the time his stride on the back is so short as to be far more than just greenness, imo.

Anyone who thinks someone with experience can't miss a lame horse needs to read the recent research pointed to above. 46% of horses presented by professional yards as sound for a study done by Sue Dyson were unsound.

It is hard just look at all the threads on here where people who had had everything checked finally find months later what the problem is .
And it goes the other horses that look odd and are worrying people half to death can be transformed by simple things .
Some horses who really bad movers look awful and can work for years I had one of these she worked into her twenties took me to my first BE events she moved so badly you could not work out what she was up to .
I doubt that horse was ever clinically sound .
It's a complete mine field .
My eyesights terrible ATM ( I have virus affecting my eyes ) and I just could not work out what the muscles on that horse where up to .

JoannaC

Visit site
He certainly looks very short and choppy but when my mare is tense, more when she was younger it can be like sitting on a pneumatic drill she goes so short and bouncy! But once relaxed was absolutely fine so it could be down to the tension of his environment, he's still only young and inexperienced. Difficult to say without seeing him in a more relaxed state.

TickyTavey

Visit site
Looks unsound behind to me, go as far as to say lame on near hind at times. Obviously very green and tense too which isn't helping.