What about this stallion

airedale

Visit site
yuck
why ruin a good irish bred mare by putting her to this stallion ?
his pasterns appear very upright in the photographs which means there is more concussion on the joints whilst jumping, etc which will inhibit long term soundness

look again

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
'Yuck!'- seems a bit harsh, I wouldn't say any horse was yuck! He looks quite sweet to me though Iagree his pasterns do look rather long and upright though hard to tell from the photos which only come up small on my computer. Nice jump in him. Looks like he doesn't get turned out much bless him!

AndyPandy

Visit site
There's nothing about his competition record there... His technique doesn't look great in the jumping pic. Please don't make a decision about a stallion based on low(ish) price and the colour...

Lynne21

Visit site
Bonzadogdooda does not like!
shocked.gif

Thistle

Visit site
I wasn't too sure about him myself, that is why I posted. Glad it wasn't just me then.

Now someone find me a fab homozygous boy with a reasonable stud fee. Pref with jumping lines.

Thistle

Visit site
I really like Ringo, I'm just not sure he is right for Dolly, a bit short and compact for her maybe. Would be a nice type for me though as I prefer tight compact horses.

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
International Event Stallion
16hh Skewbald Sports Horse 1997
Elite Graded BSPA ~ Registered Anglo European ~ 3/4TB 1/4WB

Greenbank Harlequin is the only coloured stallion in the UK to win an International Three Day Event. His record speaks for itself with many wins, not only in eventing but BSJA and British Dressage. He is the most versatile stallion with an outstanding temperament. With his trainable attitude along with his athletic and proven performance record, he continues to gain results at the highest level.
He is a short coupled, powerful and very athletic horse. His young progeny to date have all his characteristics and are already making their mark winning in British Dressage, Showing and Unaffiliated Eventing and Show Jumping.
Greenbank Harlequin is an exciting stallion who is an excellent choice for mare owners wishing to breed trainable, talented and balanced horses. He stamps his quality, ability and temperament into all types of mares. His youngstock are much sought after and rarely on the market.

Some Competition Results to Date Include:
Winner of Chepstow CCI* • Winner and runner up of South East Eventers Challenge
Completed Weston Park CCI** • Average 64.5% Affiliated Dressage at Elementary Level BSJA Winnings of just under £500 in limited outings.

Stud Fee: £400 AI Only • AI Package Available
Concessions for graded mares or more than one
Visiting mares can be catered for - please feel free to contact the owner.
Standing at Brendon Stud, Pyecombe, East Sussex.
Telephone 07768 981816

Sambertino (Samber/ Wellington keur/ Onyx)
16.2hh Homozygous Black Tobiano 1993
KWPN, SHB(GB), ZfDP, Oldenburg Verband.
CHAPS & BSPA ELITE. 100 day performance tested, 8th out of 43 stallions and scored max 10 for both Attitude to work and Temperament. Progeny, Tamberonie, on World Class Dressage Pathway, Papillon - Dutch Paralympic Team and selected for 2008 Games. Others winning at PSG in Europe and USA. Standing in the UK at Twemlows Hall Stud fee £550
Samaii ( Sambertino/Brentano II/Wenzel II)
16.2hh Homozygous Black Tobiano.
2004 Premium stallion award at his licensing with ZfDP. 1st Premium as a Yearling -Baileys Futurity Scheme and 3rd Overall (Owner/Breeder). Stud fee £450
Please contact Cheryl Mitchell 01763 853454

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Lostock Huntsman is who Amy went to. Cracking little horse, with the most wonderful temperament.

Can't recommend him or the stud enough.

Irishcobs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Lostock Huntsman is who Amy went to. Cracking little horse, with the most wonderful temperament.

Can't recommend him or the stud enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same! Fingers crossed mine will be scanned in foal on Sun.

Irishcobs

Visit site
Hattie was AI'd at home. If I didn't live 2 1/2 hours away she would of gone to the stud as the livery was a lot cheaper and the standard of care a lot higher than at my vets.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Our mares were never there more than 5 weeks max. If we teased at home with our own stallions they were in and out within five days. In several years of sending two mares we always ended up with them in foal.
I can't recommend Langaller highly enough , and would suggest you look at Lostock Huntsman, he has been past here a few times out hnting and is used as the Field Master's horse he is so well behaved.
I prefer not to comment on the stallion you asked about other than to say he wouldn't be my first choice...

Faithkat

Visit site
I'd want to see much better photos and/or video if not planning to go and see him "in the flesh". The quality of the photos and video is dreadful if that is what they are trying to "sell" him with. His colouring makes his conformation look very strange - I'd want a much closer real look at him.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
did either of you take mares there or did you AI at home. If you went to stud how long was horse there for?

[/ QUOTE ]
Amy was AI'd at home - but eventually went to stud for a natural covering. She stayed there for about 10 weeks in total. They looked after her very well.

Gingernags

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Lostock Huntsman is favourite atm, just need to talk OH round now, any tips on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take him to go see him!

My OH isn't horsey really, will potter about now and again with ours - helps me bring in and feed etc, but he wasn't convinced about the stallion we were planning on using but when we went to see him, he realised just how fab a nature he had and how perfect he is for the ginger-pony.

(So much so he's "going halves" with me on the stud fee and it'll be "our baby"!!!)

Thistle

Visit site
OH just says no to any more animals, I need to tell him that a coloured gypsy horse got into field to explain the appearance of a baby next spring......................uummmmmmmm wonder if that will work.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Husband of 18 years, father of my children and provider of all the money I need to spend! Best not p1ss him off too much but can usually win him around!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, all sounds perfectly reasonable then to ask him first.............

Sell one of the kids?

Thistle

Visit site
I have a plan. Willough, daughters fantastic comp pony is infact the result of an accident, stallion got in with mare, 11 months later foal arrived surprising everyone. Or so her previous owners and also her breeders told us.

I just suppose that history could repeat itself, will have to arrange for Dolly to have a mystery illness needing lots of vet visits and hey presto a foal could be the result!