What am i DOING!?

noodle_

Visit site
oh god.

i put my lovely little ponyhorsebeing up for sale. I talked myself into selling her yesterday.... decided it was for the best - got SO excited with the lovely horses out there....

recieved a load of interest from complete IDIOTS..... talked myself into virtually saying pony is not right for me.

Stats;
shes 14.2 will make 15hh - im tall...but i can pull it off. shes rising 4,

Im selling as i want to go play/ride/compete NOW...

But can i....send pony off now for schooling.... and pee about over summer hacking/playing and aim for prelim by winter (which is all im aiming for another horse anyhow?!).....

And if pony comes back from schooling and we don't get on - shes more sellable as a riding horse. I dont want to sell....but im being so selfish just palming her off....

My heads swimming. i even thought about loaning her out as i dont want to sell....... its not too late to not sell yet. No-one has viewed.

Bottom line. I don't want to sell. It needs breaking....I will have to put another £6-700 towards another horse and the money from her to get what i want (which will still need schooling?)!.....

Help me as my head is going *bangbangbang* !!!!!!!!!!!

WelshD

Visit site
It's clear that you are really confused. Is there anyone close that could offer a better viewpoint? YO or instructor maybe? I don't think you will get to a decision via the forum - no matter how helpful the replies this needs someone with more knowledge of the actual situation

It can't be at all easy. I hope it all works out for you

noodle_

Visit site
i not selling.

i really cant do it.

sorry just needed to vent! gawd what planet was i on!? so tempted by the fab ads of horses ready to go - etc.... mine could be that in 8 weeks.....

please just ignore first post and cyber slap....as i blimmin deserve it!!!!!!!!!

Adopter

Visit site
I think you really want to keep your horse, but just need this awful winter to pass so you can start making some progress. You can still have fun with a rising four year old! There is all the pleasure of seeing their progress and knowing they have been started the right way, buying one already started you can end up correcting someone else's mistakes!

We usually take our 4yr olds out to small shows, in hand to start with and see how they behave!

noodle_

Visit site
Thanks ! thing is....ive done all this. shes been a show...dumped on a box for an hour while i swanned off for a brew and then dragged her out of the box and hauled her round a class and she won :eek:/ .... THEN moved yards the same day.... and she was a saint

Im happy hacking all summer knowing i can compete come winter which i can..... so i need to shut up - as im so lucky to have a horse that isnt perfect and can be an absolute cow.... but shes mine!

thank you HHO for listening to my whine..... i dont deserve that horse. :)

noodle_

Visit site
my aim (with her)! is intro tests september/october time.... not to win i should add!!.... just to go.

Then over winter some lessons.

Ive had her 18 months now.... be stupid to just throw it all away without seeing it through because i chucked my toys out the pram eh?! :D

EffyCorsten

Visit site
I would have kept her too if I were you. Backing isn't the mountain it always seems its like a pile of washing. Seems impossible and will take forever but it's done in a couple of loads...

Sorry I have no idea why I am comparing backing to washing clothes...

But seriously having youngsters is hard, waiting so long, putting all the effort into them before you can get them working as you know. You've come this far with her just a few more weeks just intime for summer!

WelshD

Visit site
I'm glad you are happy with your decision. It's awful wrestling with yourself over a big decision.

It sounds like you have a good relationship with your horse :)

noodle_

Visit site
I know!!

ive contacted a few breakers ( i want it done properly)! i can do it but it would benefit her (and me) to be "done" so i can crack on with schooling lightly and hacking :)

I will ask another thread on breakers as im useless

thank you all :D

Capriole

Visit site
Ah great stuff :)

I did read your other thread but didn't comment because I did think it was a bit mental to keep a youngster all that time then sell it just when you are coming up to backing her to buy a different green as grass one :)

It's not going to be long now so keep your chin up and plod on, I know it can seem like forever but it's not :D

noodle_

Visit site
yes backed is a better term!!! :D

I have various prices but on average is £1-120 a week for 6 weeks which my pocket will handle!... (same as putting towards another)!

baz jones is highly reccomended as is CJC equestrian - (who is getting back to me who sounds lovely)!..... but baz is £195 a week for 6-8 weeks!! no go!

and then some others are saying can do it in 3 weeks?!

minefield!! all i want is her walk/trot/canter and hacked out! as i want her as a happy hacker this year! :)