What are you doing today?

oldie48

Visit site
Trying to ensure my two poly tunnels don't take off in the wind. The two nights of frost took out two of my cucumber plants and now the wind is trying to destroy the rest of my efforts as a food producer. On the bright side at least I haven't got Rose to bring in from the field as she's away being brought back into work.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I am watching my horses out of the window today. Reading a book. Watching stuff on iplayer. Thinking about brushing boots and saddle pads for the boy.

I should be out sorting my barn out a bit but I'm not..

Mostly cycling through lots of things to keep me from overthinking about other things. But my attention span is at zero so I just have to keep flitting between activities.

Ceriann

Visit site
Leaving my horses out for a day off - Red won’t appreciate any work with this wind, it makes her a complete plonker. I’d planned for it though so not too bothered. I keep meaning to clear out my tack room - this afternoon would be perfect but I’m not sure I can be bothered!!

Spotherisk

Visit site
Bought my aged mother a replacement kettle, delivered it (first time in her house in two months, gloves and buff in place). Had to do s9me fairly extreme cleaning whilst I was there as she’d been ill...

Drove home the most direct route which is over Dartmoor, car parks filling up but the wind will put people off getting out of their cars!

came home, showered, lunch.

OH off to work in a mo, lorry driver on bulk milk deliveries.

very windy here and we live in a wood! so not doing anything horseytoday other than checks.

sherry90

Visit site
Buying things I shouldn’t (whoops!) in between watching the TV! Horse schooled well this morning despite the winds so I was happy with that.

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Bought my aged mother a replacement kettle, delivered it (first time in her house in two months, gloves and buff in place). Had to do s9me fairly extreme cleaning whilst I was there as she’d been ill...

Drove home the most direct route which is over Dartmoor, car parks filling up but the wind will put people off getting out of their cars!

came home, showered, lunch.

OH off to work in a mo, lorry driver on bulk milk deliveries.

very windy here and we live in a wood! so not doing anything horseytoday other than checks.
Good idea! Although I’m incredibly jealous that you live in a wood! I bet the hacking is lovely! I don’t hack anymore as riding on the road scares me after an accident with my pony many years ago.

PurBee

Visit site
In this windy blustery weather im hiring a digger and building tracks...just having a coffee break..

34187D7C-5509-4F4E-B957-C7347BDE49D8.jpeg

ive just got another 100 metres and 50 tonnes to go! ?

J&S

Visit site
I thought I was being a bit of a wimp not wanting to go out in the wind, rather pleased every one else feeling the same! The clouds are racing round and we had about 2 minutes of rain this morning, if its going to be horrid I wish it would actually rain and do some good.

mini_b

Visit site
Yeah I’m avoiding riding today for fear of death ?

It’s sunny out and my lad is an angel in the wind (one of his saving graces I suppose) but there is actually so much flying debris where we are. It’s like the wizard of oz! So yes I’m not riding either. I don’t even want to bring him down to yard for fear of a branch taking one of us out!

catembi

Visit site
Went to the tack shop for food - they have altered their hours due to Covid & I keep forgetting, so breakfast for everyone was delayed until I could get there.

Took the Rotties on a long walk.

Will be taking Trev the ex racer for the usual 'exercise' which is walking up & down the concrete drive/area behind the house. Work on my stable block/arena is starting in 4 weeks' time...it's only take nearly 2 years to get this far.

I am currently working out how to wangle everything so that I can have a 5th horse without actually having a 5th horse as I cannot face another set of feet, rugs, vet bills, feed... I.e. I need to downsize someone... I really, really ought to sell or loan the Shetland as her only job is looking super cute, & she is also cheeky & funny. She is 5 & I've had her since 6 months. V well handled, had a bridle & saddle on & a couple of lungeing/longreining sessions & it would be fab if she had a little rider, but...she's my funny little pet.

Nicnac

Visit site
@Elf On A Shelf Ruffles is looking good!

Today is a day off. First one for a while. So I have pottered. Horses happy out, OH walked dogs for 6km this morning and I slept until 10.45am. Can't remember last time that happened.

PurBee

Visit site
Ooooo, what are putting down?
Various substrates depending on area im covering, starting off with large rock, then ‘slig’, then ‘chip n dust’ topping. we’ve done this method before over the years, it works great as an all weather, all season, horse, tractor, 4x4 track.
After this job is done we’ll have finished all the tracks on the worst ‘mud prone’ areas we access. Finally will be able to get around the place all year long!