what are you up to this Xmas eve?

LeneHorse

Visit site
I've been to M&S and Morrisons to get the last minute supplies (M&S heaving at 6am this morn!), been to the yard, turned out and mucked out and am now tackling the housework with Classic FM christmas music to inspire me.
Back up to yard later - had hoped to ride but forecast is rain again :(
Then when pony pie is tucked up safely in her stable (fingers crossed no 'incidents' out in the field today - you know what they are like when there's a holiday coming!) its back home for a glass of vino and wait for Santa.

How about you guys?

kiritiger

Visit site
Was supposed to be meeting friends this morning but those plans went out the window when there was a big misunderstanding over who was going to take what car and I was left without (tis the risk of having 4 people driving 2 cars unfortunately). So instead I'm listening to music and will probably do a bit of dissertation work, then read some more of my book. Just chill out really - nice considering the amount of studying I've been doing recently and the fact that I was ill at the weekend. :)

Merry Christmas everyone! x

Grumpymoo

Visit site
I am stuck at work till 12.00 then off home walk the dog do the horses and hide under a blanket on the sofa watching xmas films!! I cannot wait :) xx

dollymix

Visit site
Well the chocolate torte I made last night had a disaster as used frozen raspberries which have created a soggy mess! So improvised, broke it up and put into glass bowls with chocolate mousse on top... Voila! New dessert named choc and raspberry mess created at 7am this morning!

Next up... Christmas tinsel hack with the other liveries which might be fun as my welshie has been a crazy beast this last few weeks so god knows what she will be like once sparkly, spooky tinsel is added!!!

cavalo branco

Visit site
I've had an ermm interesting morning - decided to lunge my youngster in a gale - probably a bad idea :rolleyes::rolleyes: all was going swimmingly - my school is holding up well so not literally - when he spooked, wrenched the lunge line out of my hands and tore round and round the school in a mad gallop with the line trailing, screeching to a halt, bucking and spinning :eek::eek: I now know that he is fit as a flea because this continued for 4 or 5 mins - eventually as I went to the gate to find food, he stopped but my heart was thumping as much as his :eek::eek:

Now recovering by chilling on the forum!!

Happy Christmas to everyone and their horses :):)

WelshD

Visit site
Fed and checked all animals and chooks first thing and retreated to housework. All done now so off to the saddlers for pony Christmas presents then home to bring in the tree and put the decorations up :)

abbijay

Visit site
No tinsel hack for me this year, I'm waiting to give birth to twins that were due yesterday. We're off for a pub lunch in a bit though and will deliver BP his pressies on the way home: OR boots, a cabbage and a bottle of guiness.
Need to hoover and do the washing up before Santa gets here but it feels like too much effort right now...
Merry Christmas all!

Emilieu

Visit site
Took my boy for his first in hand walk (he's on box rest) apart from some beautiful side ways catering, when his stoopid mates belted across the field to welcome us home, he was a very good boy. Milled wine and movies this afternoon then up later to tuck him in followed by pub with friends. I love Christmas Eve :)

Lissa

Visit site
Turned pony out then went to see other pony who is out on loan, not seen him in over 5 months so was nice. Dressed him up like a reindeer and will be doing the same to other pony later so can turn the photos into christmas cards next year.
Was going for a hack this afternoon but its miserable and the friend I was going with can't go now. So will just go do his stable etc, bring him in and try dress him up don't think he will be as cooperative as other pony :D

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Took old mare and racehorse round flooded feild to play in puddles with my sister this morning.....to night will be riding lami horse......I hope the weather holds:(

BBP

Visit site
Work, then hopefully time to at least play with pony if not ride for 1st time in 5 weeks (injured pony now gone wild).

I've just been told I'm working all day tomorrow and boxing day as well. Can't complain too much, I did volunteer. Seemed the right thing to do with flooding making lives miserable at the moment I'm driving around all day collecting flood data for incident room.

Niddlynoo

Visit site
Lounging by the pool in Dubai moaning about the heat! Thought we'd treat ourselves to a good holiday as this year has been pure pants!
Miss my mud monsters though!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Had a lovely fun hack on my 4 yr old without having to wait for whoever rides my pony to catch us up all the time. Jumped some logs, cantered through water, good fun, and it was mostly not raining too. Came home and rolled a round bale which had been sat in the rain for a week so very heavy :eek: what felt like 2 miles but was probably 800 yards into the winter paddock so I don't need to worry about haying them over Christmas. Then it started peeing down while I drilled holes in the side of a sheep shelter to let the water out :rolleyes: just about to load up dogs and presents and go down to my parents :D

First time I've tried vidding while jumping :D. Was quite pleased not to have dropped phone in water nor steered into a tree (there was a close call) considering she is only a baby lol. ( apologies for it being on its side to start with, that was my phone not keeping up, not me!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6SZGU19Y1w

smokey

Visit site
been to work, turned my own out and mucked out. went for fuel, and last minute food and booze, and am now on this whilst contemplating wrapping presents and tidying the house. back to horse later, then more wrapping. may hit the wine at some point.

Tarte Au Citron

Visit site
Been at the yard all morning as had to have the vet out to my daft walking vet bill! :rolleyes: And now i face totally clearing and cleaning her stable tonight/tomorrow, to erradicate any more blasted ticks latching on to her - she's covered in strange sores, which we think is due to these disgusting things. At least i know her leg is healing well ;). Got to focus on the bright side with it being christmas! :D

I should probably wrap presents whilst everyone is out but im to cold, wet and worried so it can wait :p

vicky86

Visit site
Sorted yard out this morning in record time, then home to tidy and finish wrapping whilst watching muppets Christmas carol. Have just baked a batch of mince pies and made some mulled wine to take up yard in a bit. Then up to yard wine and mince pies in toe to ultrasound box rested horses leg and catch before liveries come up for a little Xmas gathering.
Then this evening I'm going round to friends house for a Christmas buffet and drinks then off down the local to see in Christmas day with more friends. Think Christmas morning may involve a headache! Hope your all having a lovely day :) x

FairyLights

Visit site
Been at the yard all morning as had to have the vet out to my daft walking vet bill! :rolleyes: And now i face totally clearing and cleaning her stable tonight/tomorrow, to erradicate any more blasted ticks latching on to her - she's covered in strange sores, which we think is due to these disgusting things. At least i know her leg is healing well ;). Got to focus on the bright side with it being christmas! :D

I should probably wrap presents whilst everyone is out but im to cold, wet and worried so it can wait :p

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

NativePonyLover

Visit site
Went and did pony this morning, did some groundwork with him (practising before our next lesson on boxing day!). Came home - made some more mince pies and mulled wine, just hot home from pony - now getting ready to see the boyfriend and best friends tonight to exchange presents, have some drinks amd food and look forward to tomorrow as I'm feeling very festive now :)

Theocat

Visit site
Very wet and decidedly unfestive hack, then washed his absolutely disgusting tail. Going to have to have a bath to warm up!

SeasonalSituation

Visit site
Not feeling particularly festive, will properly be on my own tomorrow. Considering going to mass, I'm agnostic, been before but as a kid and Christmas is supposed to be religious after all :D

But currently sat mopping up my tears after watching mighty Joe young, and contemplating tidying my house ...

Javabb94

Visit site
Did some psychology revision for my A2 in January then set table for tomorrow - then went to ride Abbie, I think she knows it's Xmas as she was full of herself and forgot how to go forwards so we bounced instead!