What are your cushings horses fed?

ihatework

Visit site
When mine was a good or overweight then nothing but grass/hay with a token handful of something molassed to get his tablet in!

As the cushings progressed and he lost weight I found GWF fibregest no starch the best, but he got very very fussy

Micky

Visit site
Hi if molasses free, salt, micronised linseed, vit e, a few carrotsand but balancer (pro/pre biotic)..in winter I add pink mash Andy lay off but balancer..soaked hay all year round..

oldie48

Visit site
Mine was on prascend and had never had laminitis or been overweight. He was out on grass during the day and in with late cut haylage overnight fed ad lib. He got two feeds a day of unmollased chaff with micronised linseed, unmollased beet and a balancer. I upped the feeds according to his condition. I used apples or carrots to get his prascend into him, hand fed as he was very good at avoiding them if in his feed.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
mine was on prascend and had never had laminitis so she was kept as normal, out 24/7 in summer with a token feed of half a scoop of baileys light chaff plus formula4feet and 1 carrot daily to put her tablets in, in at night in winter with big net of hay for nighttime , 1 scoop baileys light chaff, formula4feet plus some fast fibre plus the 1 carrot for her pills. she also had a small net of haylage for her breakfast before being ridden... if she lost weight i increased the fast fibre and hay

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Mine is on bailey's ease and excel and when needing a bit more she also gets dodson and horrel stay power cubes. For her to take her prascend she also has some equilibriums simply irresistible, which she loves! She looks great on this and is still taking part in uaffiliated activities at 25 years old!

LegOn

Visit site
My old lad tends to shed a bit of weight in Spring when he sheds his mammoth cushings coat... so he gets some Gain Opti Care Balancer but soaked cause he is got choke before :( I reduce it down to a handful during the summer just for his tablet! He sometimes goes off his food and then the only thing he will eat is Equarry Conditioning Mash - usually in the winter!

Never had laminitis thankfully!

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I fed my boy

(Soaked)
Grassnuts
Alfalfa nuts
Beetpulp

Mixed with

Hifi Senior
Linseed
Cinnamon
Turmeric

If he needed extra calories I upped the linseed and added a cup of equerry mash per feed.

At one point he was getting three/four feeds a day towards the end. His teeth weren’t great. Could still eat hay but you could tell he wasn’t getting as much from it as he should.