What breed shall I call her?

Flick92

New User
Visit site
My mare has the following breeding. She' 3rd generation Clover Hill, 3rd generation King of Diamonds on the sire's side and 2nd generation KWPN on the dam's side (her mum was classed as British warmblood) her grandsire (sire) being ISH Clover Brigade. So what do I call her? Is she a wbx, ISH, or wb X ish?
I'm in the process of changing her passport and want to make some amendments to reflect her type better than her original description of IDX which she isn't. She looks more like a middleweight warmblood than Irish

s4sugar

Visit site
But she is around 50% Irish draught.
You could call her an ISH or a british warmblood or a mongrel.

Why are you changing her passport?

It is a pity that the UK never set up a part TB/warmblood register back in the days of the HIS.

Luci07

Visit site
ID x TB is strictly speaking a warmblood. Is your mare registered with the ISH board? ISH is similar to the KWPN studbook in that it is almost a generic term for a type. My friends ISH has very little ID, lots of TB plus Holstein. Horse I am looking at is ISH but again, TB, ID, Selle Francais and Holstein as well.

Irish gal

Visit site
As Luci said that type of breeding is typical of modern Irish sport horses, with the good jumping blood of Clover Hill, King of Diamonds now mixing with continental talent. Here she would be an ISH and that's the description of jumpers sold to the UK with similar breeding, so I presume they are registered there as that.