what breed??

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
As title says really, I'm thinking he's a welsh sec A x ??
His passport gives no clues, as he came from a sales before passporting came in. Any thoughts would be most welcome. I've had a few suggestions, but would be interested to hear what others think. He's 11.1hh 3yo btw.

ag07_005.jpg

ag07_006.jpg

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
He definately has welsh in him. He's overweight ATM (on a diet!!), but I was thinking perhaps small new forest x welsh a or dartmoor x welsh a??

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
His head is not very welsh to me either,definately has half something else too,his head looks quite straight on the profile from what i can see,maybe dartmoor or maybe a touch of new forest in him

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
He moves like a llittle welsh (and has the attitude), and I don't think he has shetland in him. If only i could find out but I havent a chance of that!

MillionDollar

Visit site
I would think he has definitely got New Forest in him, I have to New Forests and he really does look like one of them. The thing is NF have loads of breeds in them such as Welsh, Thoroughbred and Arab. My 2 NFs look nothing alike! Prehaps he is a Welsh A x NF!?
Hope this helps.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Lol YO breeds NF's so there are plenty on the yard to compare to...and I'm inclined to agree with you. He looks alot like a NF mare YO had in.

SpruceRI

Visit site
I'd say a New Forest and come off the New Forest. Roan is a pretty common colour for New Forests. He has very similar body shape to one I recently sold, though she had bigger ears!

As someone else said on here, if he came off the Forest he could have any other breed in him as there's all sorts running loose. Unless it'll be impossible to track him down to a particular herd.