What breeding is he? Genuine question....

Scarlett

Visit site
Hi Guys...

I hope you dont mind this kind of thread, however I am genuinely interested to see if anyone could help me figure out how my boy is bred.

He is a smidgen under 15hh - rides like a 17.2 - and all I know is he came from Ireland. I think there is a bit of ID in there somewhere, but I have doubts how much with him being so small, he has no real feather, just fluffy legs. I have never really came across Irish horses before (spent too much time with natives and TB's) so I am unsure... someone on my yard has suggested ID x Coloured cob, his Dam being the ID...?

anywho - heres a pic and thanks very much....

rensmall.jpg

MerristRenHead.jpg

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Have no idea what breeding he has. His face reminds me a lot of my mares, but unfortunately, I have no idea what she is either. She is the coloured in my sig. Maybe, if I can get some decent pics of her, some one will have a go at guessing her breeding for me.

kirstyfk

Visit site
He looks similar to the cob a rode a few years ago. Not 100% sure but I would just say a Heinz 57. Cob, conne, tb, id and anyhting else thrown in!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I'd say that a naughty little coloured gypsy stallion had a moment behind the bike sheds with a little TB mare........

Jemayni

Visit site
I would say he has some connemara in him because; hes quite short coupled; blue and whites often have connemara in them; and his head look quite connemara like (the more modern types) and hes also an irish little horse, which kind of suggests connemara. He also has the exact same shape as mine from the shoulder back, and as mines about as pure connemara as what you are going to get; I would say he at least has a little bit of connemara in him

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Snap!

It's not beyond the realms of possibility he is the produce of one of the foster mares they use at TB studs over there (cobby mares put in foal so as to be available if anything happens to the original dam, saves having to be at the mercy of Joe Public and an immediate solution to the problem. A lot of big studs have them over there and some of the foals the cobs have are amazing!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It's not beyond the realms of possibility he is the produce of one of the foster mares they use at TB studs over there

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes of course - I bet that's it. I'd forgotten all about that. I think they do that in the UK as well.

Now you do need to do some investigation work!!!! If that is the case daddy could be someone fabulous !!!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Loupride

s25.photobucket.com
Traditional IDs are not supposed to be big anything from 15.2 to 16.1 approx (these are not exact figures)is fully acceptable for a stallion
grin.gif
and Draughts dont have any real feather just fluffy legs as you put it so no doubt there is a splash of Draught in him somewhere
grin.gif

glenruby

Visit site
Quite possible as someone said, a dash of everything - cane see something Connemara about his front end, but lack of feathering would suggest a bit of draught and given that he isnt very chunky, Id say the coloured influence in him isnt necessarily from a tinkers cob (the featehred type) - its possibly something a bit lighter.
yeah, most of the big studs over here breed foster mares. i worked on one of the yards belonging to the biggest farm over here and at one stage we had 7 foster mares out of 25 in the yard. They have what they call "Batty land" at the back of the main farm and you can see lots and lots of batties from the main road - only for they are so far from a main town, you'd swear there must be a halting site nearby. its funny really. They do use a few really nice stallions. One I know of is a Tb by Alzao who used to actually stand at public stud there, but didnt prove too popular so now covers their foster mares. A couple of friends of mine have taken foals from them. One friend took 2 foals 4 years ago and they sold for 4,500euro and 5,500euro this September in Goresbridge. Another friend took on 2 weanlings last summer - one batty gelding who should make about 15.2hh(from one of the foster mares who was covered by a batty stallion in the hope that she might produce a batty filly as a replacement) and the other a black and white cob x Tb who should make about 16.2hh but will have plenty of substance

Scarlett

Visit site
thanks guys - thats given me some food for thought.... I hadnt though of Connemera, however I have only came across one before and when I think about it I can see a resemblance... especially in his athleticism...

much appreciated...
smile.gif