What can you do with surcingles that are too long?

Puppy

Visit site
My (gorgeous! :D) new horse is quite a narrow chap. After ebaying like crazy I have managed to kit him out with a pretty good wardrobe of Rambos (my favourite!) but for some of them the surcingles don't go short enough. Doh!

I tied knots in them initially, but it's blooming hard getting the knots undone again when I want to put the rug on my other horse.

I am thinking I shall have to get my saddler to sew them up shorter, but is there anything else that I can do?

I could have sworn that I've seen a little jiggy thing that you can plait them through so that they go shorter. Does anyone know what I mean? :confused:

Puppy

Visit site
I've got a slim TB that everything is too big for,I just shorten & sew them up myself.

It's terribly annoying, isn't it?! After buying all top notch rugs for him as well.

My boy is half TB (and half connie). He is quite young (4) and I'm certain he is growing and has some filling out to do (otherwise I would have perhaps bought them one size smaller) so I'm tentatively hoping he'll grow into them by next year. My rambo supreme is ok, but the two rambo plus' and the duo I am have to tie knots which I'm not really happy with as a long term plan...

whizzer

Visit site
When he was younger & there was less of him than there is now,I used to have to get the saddler to take rugs up at the shoulder as well as everything just sort of drooped off him!

melxvengeance

www.facebook.com
i've got shetland ponies, they all have full combo T/Os from derby house (yes....the cow print ones...they were in the sale...) and they fit them absolutely perfectly apart from the surcingles being too long when they are at the end of their loop, so all I do is tie a few knots in them and they're good to go! i don't need to worry either as i wouldn't want to take the knots out anyway.

and well, if i do...i'll cross that bridge when I come to it :D