What can you get for 3.5k??

dixie

Visit site
Having looked recently - she's not got a hope unless she is happy with a particular problem!!
tongue.gif

Sorry but then that is down here is Devon, could be much easier up there but guessing not seeing a friend sold a horse to someone who came down from Essex and paid £3k for him.

not_with_it

Visit site
Horse prices at the minute are ridiculous. I picked up my mare 3 years ago for 2.5k. She was 7 not done much and very nervy. There are bargains out there but they arent easy to find.

Rambo

Visit site
Well, I know of someone who recently paid £4k for a nice 16hh ISH...only a 5yo bu sensible and very trainable. Would do a decent dressage test too (at RC level anyway).

I agree people seem to be asking silly £££'s at the moment for very ordinary horses, but the big question is, are any of them selling !?

The debt trap is starting to bite a lot of people now and I think horse prices will start to fall as a result. The first thing that gives when money is tight is the luxuries...and horses are a luxury to many
tongue.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
There are some bargins out there, especially if she is just looking for a general allrounder but it may take some time and i think she is gonna have to be willing to travel.

Petrie

Visit site
Why does she specifically want a warmblood?

Imported warmbloods are pricey, and an established, straightforward 10 year old IMO will be impossible to find for 3.5K.

She might find one with a problem or vice though.

She might be able to find something a little less continental for 3.5K that would do a bit of everything though!

Tufty

Visit site
There are some real bargins out there at the moment. Best place to look is horsemart. Most people that advertise on horsemart get very little response from their adverts especially if they are a bit overpriced. Aim a bit hire and knock them down

samp

Visit site
There is not much out there as ready made. I bought a 8yo warmblood that had done v little and had only been backed 10 months she was £2.5k and I was told she is quirky, which to be fair she is

matthew

Visit site
That horse belongs to a friend of a friend i work with - aparently the horse is fantastic but the girl cant afford to keep her anymore-so its prices for a fast sale!

Visit site
My pony was around that price and he was a 14.2 5 year old who needed bringing on ... so I would think a more experienced horse would cost more than that.

amandaco2

Visit site
its possible but who knows what level itwould be capable of.
if it was plently of potential and priced that low its sure to have major issues.
alot of WB foals are sold at 6months for 4k plus in the UK.