What Clip?

dieseldog

Visit site
If you have clipped your horse what have you gone for?

This time I've done a cross between a blanket and a chaser, take all the neck out and then a diagonal line down to their stifle. Don't know its proper name.

Next time I'll go for a hunter as I don't trust him enough to clip his legs out totally and I'll never get near his ears either. So I have a wooly eared pony. If I could I would take every single inch of fur off him.

So what have you all done/going to do?

druid

Visit site
Hunter w/o saddle for my small pony, Sparks is getting a hunter and Bob..haven't decided possibly an Irish clip (Which is what you descirbe by the way
smile.gif
)

Rambo

Visit site
Everything except legs and head
smile.gif
He was getting a bit bored by the time I got to his head anyway (I hadn't clipped before so it took a bit longer than normal), and I didn't have access to the smaller clippers either.

Mellymoo1

Visit site
I'm thinking about having a low trace, thats assuming my horse will let me near him with clippers - I've only had him since May and cant remember whether his last owners said he was good to clip.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Now my horse has progressed from being a novice he will have a hunter clip this year. I prefer square saddle patches though. I have dog clippers so the head will all come off as they are really quiet.

dunc_n_toby

Visit site
Oh well mine's got full head, front legs, neck and then a diagonal line down to his stifle! Had intended to clip every inch of him but he's a b@stard to clip. Had a full tube of sedelin and was twitched. He was literally snoring and he still tried to bloody stamp on my toes!
I am going to do the rest of him next week, we'd both had enough on Wednesday.

pottamus

Visit site
Have not clipped yet as he still has his summer coat! But when I do, it will be a low neck bib clip and see how we get on. He has never been clipped before so I don't want him standing around for ages clipping loads off and him get bored and restless...the quicker the better and then he can have lot's of carrots!!!

Clodagh

Visit site
Mine will have a hunter clip, with a saddle shaped patch. She hunts full time, and I like to leave the legs on. Head depends on how good she is, but I usually leave the front of the face on - mine are out all day every day in mega rugs, but I think they must appreciate a warm face!