What clippers to buy?

LauraBR

Visit site
My boy is so good to clip I figure I might as well get my own clippers.

I want a pair that are safe and will do the job but really don't want to spend a fortune so second hand is an option.

Any recommendations? If I was to go for second hand any makes that last the test of time?

Rambo

Visit site
Just bought some Heinigers for about £200....big discount as they were sitting on the shelf for a while. They are quite bulky though which is i suspect part of the reason they were not snapped up lol!

Lister Neons are smaller and do a good job too
smile.gif

poggio

Visit site
Ive got Liveryman Arenas, find them great. Not too heavy or bulky and have been powerful enough to do a full yard of horses (although they are not advertised for this amount of use!).

BBs

Visit site
Ive had my Liveryman Arena clippers for 12 years - they have yet to fail me.....that was until last Thursday when they went pop
frown.gif

Off to the menders lol to see if they can be fixed! however, 12 years is pretty good going!!!

Dad bought a set of Heinigers to clip the goats with (had to have the head changed from horse to goat friendly) these are fair bulkyer and heavy! but they will do for now if i cant get my arean *sob* ones mended.

Would love to have a pair of cordless ones....but thats on the *when I win the lottery* list lol

nomini

Visit site
i've got heineger clippers and wolseley swift and I have to say I much prefer the wolseley swift one's. Blades seem to last longer and they are easier to tension etc.

poggio

Visit site
I dont like the cordless clippers very much to be honest BBs, they were great not having a cable around the place and from a safety point of view but I found their cut was rubbish compared to the mains, really annoyed me having to go over my cut again and it all took twice as long.... they were Lister ones I think.

Emma123

Visit site
We've had Hauptner ones for over 20 years and still going strong, but just bought some new Hauptner ones which are much lighter and quieter and do a fab job
smile.gif

mitchellk

Visit site
Wolsey Swift are good also have a pair of Liveryman mustang plus which have died on me after only three years- rubbish!
Have also tried Avalon clippers which are terrible.

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
i have soem Liveryman Stallion clippers, and they are brilliant, have had them about 4 years & done so many clips i've lost count, they go for a service every year and are fantastic, very lightweight & quiet as well

Zebedee

Visit site
I use Lister Showman cordless clippers, & have never experienced problems like that! I clip quite a bit for other people & have never had any complaints either, apart from the fact that I am apparrently 'too fussy' re straight lines & matching sides etc!

poggio

Visit site
maybe it was just the ones I used... possibly due a service or something!
I had a whole yard of about 20 horses to clip using them ( an event yard so the majority of which were TB types with nice clipping coats
wink.gif
) I only did about 4 and switched to my Liverymans!

Quarrybank

Visit site
I've got Lister Showman cordless ones to & love them. It's so much easier with no wires to worry about. I've had no problem with them & their in their 5th year (I've got a friend who still uses the ones she bought 15 years ago!!)

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
LISTER NEON'S!!!!!

I have some of these and I've leant them to a couple of people on my yard at college and let others have a hold of them so they could feel what they were like and they all said how brilliant they were, they're small, light and do a bloody good job
laugh.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I've had my Wolseley Swifts for years, they are easy to use, fairly light & extremely reliable.

Whichever clippers you decide on make sure that replacement blades are easily available. If you decide on a second hand pair on Ebay or similar again check that the blades are easily available. Some clippers are sold because the owners cannot get blades, & old blades can only be sharpened so many times.
smile.gif

MillionDollar

Visit site
Beaconhorse advised me to buy Premier 3000 and i did and i LOVE them! Thery are fantastic! Lightweight, quiet and easy to use. Plus they are heavy duty and the same price as Lister Neons which are only medium duty- so you get more for the same price! Plus the Premiers are 240V whereas Lister Neons are a lot less.

Heres the link where i brought them- peole were VERY helpful and the clippers came the next day!

Premier 3000 clippers- Farmcare UK